interview experience in NH today.

akg123

Registered Users (C)
me and my wife went for N400 interview..was cool.

- officer asked few background questions.
- 6/10 history/gov questions. out of those 100 questions.
- sign few papers.
- result - passed.

all done in 15 minutes each.

told us - we have to wait for oath ceremony letter.

Total process: 9 months. NH

Congrats...

Did examiner ask to see any documents? I would appreciate ur detailed experience, Thank you.

details..

examiner was nice. no complaints. I expected worse.

he did not ask for any Documents. He had whatever he needed in front of him. I think, if you move residences, change too many jobs, travel too much , you should be ready with documents, else its a easy thing..just my opinion though...but carry all you can..they can ask anything they like especially if the n400 is messy.

- he asked me to sit.
- took oath.
- scanned thru my n400 for 1 min.
- verified questions/answers.
- specifically asked if i had violated any laws, etc.
- closed n400
- asked me 6/100 questions. breeze thru.
- asked me to write a english sentence
- read a english sentence.
- signed few papers. done
- handed me a receipt that i was done and should wait for
oath.
- all done.

It may still be a while before we get a letter for oath ceremony. name checks,etc...who knows..if all these items are ready. hoping for the best.!

Interview in July - oath??

So we went thru the process in NH and all was fine including the interview which took place on July 19th. At the time of interviews we were told that the oath would take place in October.

Well its not yet October, but not having seen anything in the mail causes me to feel a bit concerned. Can someone explain what all happens between the interview and the oath and how long can the wait be in the worst of cases.

not surprising : generally 1 month to 2 years - thats the timeframe.

good luck and do let us know as soon as u get the good news. maybe today is ur lucky day!. :)

Quote: -verify questions/ answers

Did the officer check EVERY questions and answers on N-400? How did you remember all entry/exit dates from memory? Did the officer check your passport?

US Citizen as of last friday.

Received oath letters 2 weeks back. US Citizen as of last friday. It was a long haul with INS but finally all deals complete. Proud to be a US Citizen!.

It took 10 months total to be a US Citizen.

- N 400 Filed: Feb 04.
- Done : Dec 04.

FP done twice. Other than that - smooth sailing. Oath ceremony is boring but its needed. Nothing is easy in life - but do not lose hope and keep trying till you achieve it..

Good Luck! and Keep up the good work!.

akg123 said:
examiner was nice. no complaints. I expected worse.

he did not ask for any Documents. He had whatever he needed in front of him. I think, if you move residences, change too many jobs, travel too much , you should be ready with documents, else its a easy thing..just my opinion though...but carry all you can..they can ask anything they like especially if the n400 is messy.

- he asked me to sit.
- took oath.
- scanned thru my n400 for 1 min.
- verified questions/answers.
- specifically asked if i had violated any laws, etc.
- closed n400
- asked me 6/100 questions. breeze thru.
- asked me to write a english sentence
- read a english sentence.
- signed few papers. done
- handed me a receipt that i was done and should wait for
oath.
- all done.
akg123:

Did the officer ask you about any trafic tickets?

traffic...

He did ask me if i had any traffic violations. no evidences asked. if you have had any traffic violations, tell the truth - as they may be able to find later anyways..