Interview Experience- Detroit

JnJ*8103

Registered Users (C)
Our interview was Tuesday- we arrived 45 minutes early but were asked to come back only 15 minutes early because they were overly crowded in the waiting room. No big deal, went to the car and hung out for a bit- went back in and I wasn't feeling well and was having contractions (being due next month) waited 10-15 minutes got called back. Immediately the agent noticed I wasn't looking well and told us he would do his best to make it quick. Got to his little cubicle. Told us not to sit, he swore us in (there was no camera in his area at all, I was expecting one). We finally sat and he asked my husband who is from Canada a bunch of questions off his application (name, birthday, hometown, previous address, parents address etc.) Asked us both if we have ever participated in genocide or any type of espionage or if we intended to. No.

Told us we were missing 1 tax form from our co-sponsor and told us to go sit in the waiting room. I was a little nervous then he came out handed us a paper, told us to fax that paper in and we'd be ok. We came home, faxed it in and received an email stating that 130 and 485 were both approved about 2 hours later!

No questions about us, how we met, nothing. I suppose being married since 2003 & having a 3 yr old with another on the way was a big reason for that but I was kind of bummed I went thru and made copies of everything imaginable including tons of pics etc. all for nothing lol

No complaints though, my husband is receiving his unconditional green card and we cannot wait to have it in hand!

So thats my story from the Detroit area office!

Thanks!!! :)
I can't wait for you to get to this point! You've been around here as long as I have!
Your case should be as easy as ours with the somewhat similar situations with family and marriage :)

Hopefully it goes faster than the Detroit office... they're slow!