Interview done at Newark on 10/25 ....I-130 approved......I-485 - pending name check

mohit_chopra1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
First of all thanks to all of you on this forum who have helped me getting prepared for my interview. I was so prepared that I had no nervousness whatsoever at the interview even though 90%of the couples had lawyers accompanying them. We had our interview scheduled at 1:30. We were there by 1:00pm and started the long wait. I came to know that they already assign officer's to each person to be interviewed, so no matter how early you are your turn will come at your time. My officer was really slow so we had to wait till 3:00pm;however,we were surprised when we were called by young (28-30 yr old) lady. We said hello in response to her Hi! and followed her to the cubicle. She made us take the oath and told us to be seated and started a barrage a questions with no expression on her face.
To my wife (Sponsor): How did you meet your husband?
To my wife: Your husband's date of birth?
To my wife: Name of your in-laws and did they attend the wedding.
To my wife: Where did the wedding took place?
To my wife: Where does your husband work?
To my wife: At what position?
To me: Name of your in-laws?
To me: Where does your wife work?
To me: What position?
She asked for paystubs for both of us as a proof of employment.
Then she asked for documents to show that we live together (Banks statement, lease, Marriage Licence)
Then she asked for pictures. She flipped through our wedding and honeymoon albums and was surprised to know that we went to Paris on honeymoon. Then she asked to keep one picture in my file.

Then she explained that the I-130 is approved and she cant approve I-485 as my FBI name check is still pending. She told me to wait until 90 days and then contact her again. She said that we should receieve my GC in mail by then. We said thanks and walked out.

So now just waiting for the name check to be completed so that I can get GC in mail.

hi mohit,

i am done with my interview as well and am also pending name check. i had to file for the advance parole today as advised by the immigration officer as i will be traveling in december.

anyway, i do hope we get the name check sorted out soon.

congratulations!

atrobello :)

Guys, my status is exactly the same as you.
I did the interview 1 and half year ago and been waiting for FBI name check.
I saw lots people wait more than 2 years.

Does anyone know how to follow up on this ?

hey atrobello, the officer said it was ok to travel in december?? when i asked my officer if i should get AP b/c i wanted to travel in dec, she said "don't travel until this is over, the government will take you money, but i wouldn't advise you to leave". and i have never been out of status....
and snowbobo, have you contacted your congressman/woman? senator? elections are coming here, well in ny at least, so they are very willing to help right around now. i'm going to send a letter abt my case at the end of this week, b/c my last LUD on the online status says oct 3rd. you could try that if you haven't already

hi candyattitude

yes, my IO told me that there was no problem in leaving the country as long as i had my AP. i filed the AP right after the interview.

i also spoke to another IO in the LA office and he told me the same thing, just file the AP.

good luck and i hope that this name check ordeal will be over soon!

Hello Mohit,

I have same case like you. I done my interview on 10/16/06. She said she have no problem with interview but have to wait for name check.
I dont know about my I130 status. It is still not changed in my online account after interview. So still have no update on online status. Can you please tell me your I130 status get changed online or not after your interview

thaks

BCBS

atrobello said:
hi candyattitude

yes, my IO told me that there was no problem in leaving the country as long as i had my AP. i filed the AP right after the interview.

i also spoke to another IO in the LA office and he told me the same thing, just file the AP.

good luck and i hope that this name check ordeal will be over soon!

If you're still on legal H1B status, you don't even need AP.
H and L visas allow you to travel while AOS pending.

BCBS,
My online status changed next day after interview (26th). It said that the approval notice for the I-130 has been send. What is your DO?

Sarrebal,
I also asked my IO about using H1B to travel and she said "its not advisable"

mohit_chopra1 said:
Sarrebal,
I also asked my IO about using H1B to travel and she said "its not advisable"

Weird.
The AP instructions say that you could travel with your H1 visa with no problem.
I did while my AOS was pending and didn't have any sort of problem.

During my interview...the IO told me that there has been some changes in some law...which requires the interview to be scheduled within 4 months of the ND....he was criticising the lawmakes....that they dont understand that the Name checks take more time than 4 months...

I130 in pending status with Pending name check

Please share the information
Is every one with pending name check have approved I130
Are there some people who dont have any update after interview and their i130 status is in pending status

Please need advice

In my case I have change of status and not actual stemped H1
And also my employeer kept the H1 and I dont have change of status approvel with me that I can use to stamp.Since I left my H1 sponsor employer.

Since I have AP-I131 and I want to travel is any one has experience or can advise to travel on AP, with H1 but not stamped and even not any approvel later

thanks for sharin