Interview completed, but case under review

bronxy

I had my interview yesterday but no decision was made. After checking my status online, this is what was written.

Current Status: Interview completed, but case under review

Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool or call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

Can somebody tell me what this means? Thanks

Most probably it went to the supervisor. Bunch of people on this forum was in similar situation, so frankly I wouldn't worry at least for month or even 2 - it's not out of normal.

Does it mean, the person who interviewed me didn't have the authority to make a decision on my case? Reason for taking it to the supervisor or are there other reasons.
thanks for reply.

Exactly. In fact I've notice LOTS of people get IO, who can't make the final decision (including myself, actually). Only very few supervisors have "right to approve". If you are the lucky one to get to one of those for the interview you may even get stamp in passport. My feeling it also depends on office a lot. I remember in Baltimore office people were even told they are not given passport stamps anymore. So really I'd recommend you to wait. Sometime it takes up to 1.5-2 months for them to make an approval.

Hi Bronxy,

I am in same situation, We had interview in Baltimore Thursday 7/29 and Interview went pretty well and IO stamped "APPROVED" in both I-130 & I-485 infront of us and told that her supervisor will review and approve later same day. Today when we checked online the status is "Interview Completed, but case under review" and this got update last night(7/29) and again they touched my file today but same message.

We were hoping based on Interview and APPROVED stamp on Application we will get Approved and move to card production status, Not sure what is going on.

Can you please post in this forum when you get update on your case.

Thanks

hello everyboody,
i had my stokes interview on july 27,2009. we were interviewed seperately and it was videotaped. it went pretty smoothly and my husband and i had 2 answers that weren't matching. the officer didn't give us his decision on the spot, he said we will get the decision throgh email first and then mail. the officer didn't take my passport to stamp it. this has really worried me and my husband. aren't the officers supposed to take the passport to stamp it.
my husband and i didn't have anything missing. we brought all the documentation they asked from us. we even brought extra proof such as photos of family and friends w/ both of us, leases, utility bills, joint membership and bank accounts, and much more.
pls can anyone give any sujjestions or help. if anyone has this experience pls post it will really help and comfort us.
my husband and i can't sleep or eat from just thinking of it. is this common or uncommon?
thanks in advance

Hi Bronxy,

I am in same situation, We had interview in Baltimore Thursday 7/29 and Interview went pretty well and IO stamped "APPROVED" in both I-130 & I-485 infront of us and told that her supervisor will review and approve later same day. Today when we checked online the status is "Interview Completed, but case under review" and this got update last night(7/29) and again they touched my file today but same message.

We were hoping based on Interview and APPROVED stamp on Application we will get Approved and move to card production status, Not sure what is going on.

Can you please post in this forum when you get update on your case.

Thanks

Wait for about 7 days. That's a typical time frame for Baltimore. :)