Interview at Boston DO

bostonimmigrant

Registered Users (C)
just had my interview this morning at the Boston Office.
Got there at 8:30 for my 9 am interview. Did not have to wait too long as at 9 my name was called by the immigration officer. He took me outside his office and asked me to wait for 5 mins as he needs to make some updates on my file, he had my file on him at tht time.
After 5 mins was called in and he asked me to take oath to tell the truth, and after tht asked me to be seated. Started going over my application and asked me general qs on if i was still working at the same place and address and phone numbers. I had 2 updates since i had filed my application last year, address update and one trip outside the country, i had the details on paper and he took note and made updates on my application, he also checked my passport to match some travel dates. Then asked me for my selective service card. Also went thru the standard yes and no questions on the application. Like ever been arrested and if i am going to support the constituion and so on.
Then he gave me a piece of paper and asked me to write a sentence on it, also to read out the first qs of the 10 civics tests. He took the paper back and asked me a few more qs from the sheet. The one's i remember are
1) What are the 2 major political parties in US
2) What color are the stars on the flag
3) Who becomes president if both President and Vice President die
4) What do the stripes on the flag represent
5) What is the highest part of the judiciary branch of the govt
6) Who has the power to declare war &
7) Who helped the pilgrims in america
after these qs, was made to sign the photo's and he told me to sign a piece of paper, and he shook my hand and told me tht i have passed my test and inteview and if i can wait for 15 mins in the wait room he will have my oath letter. The interviewer was also very pleasant and friendly.
10 mins later i got my oath letter, its for June 1st.
all in all a very good experience, i was out by 9:30, so not bad for the whole process to take one hr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline of your case?

Nice description and congratulations....... can you please post a timeline for your case..... when did you send in the application and complete FP etc.

thanks
BACK

VSC/Boston DO

N400 Application Mailed: 05/05/2004
Priority Date: 05/07/2004
Fingerprint Notice: 01/31/2005
Fingerprints Done: 02/03/2005
Interview Letter recieved: 02/12/2005
Interview Date: 05/02/2005
Oath Date: 06/01/2005

I just had my interview today. I got there at 1:00 for my 1:30 appointment, and they called my name at 1:30. The officer asked me to take an oath to tell the truth, and then we went through the papers. First he asked me how long I've been married (my application is based on marriage), if we have any children, if we own property together. Then he asked me whether I've been arrested, deported, helped other people to gain illegal entry, etc., and also whether I'd support the constitution, would be willing to take the full oath, etc. Then, he asked me some history questions like:
- what was the first holiday the pilgrims take?
- who helped the pilgrims?
- what's the constitution?
- can the constitution be changed?
- who's the governor of Massachusetts?
Then he asked me to write "I am happy today" on a piece of paper.
After that, he asked me if I'm still working at the same company. He checked the computer to see if my background check was cleared, and then marked up all the papers, checking my tax returns and marriage certificate that were included with the N400 application, and asked me to sign the application and the photos. He gave me a notice that had "approved" checked, and told me to go outside to wait for a few minutes. Another officer came out later to give me a sheet of paper telling me that my oath date is June 1. That's all. Here's my timeline:
PD: 9/28/04
FP: 11/17/04
Interview date: 5/5/05
Oath: 6/1/05
Good luck to all!