Interesting note in May Visa Bulletin

sbolla67

Registered Users (C)
From May visa bulletin,

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.

Does other chargeability areas include India, China etc?

If it's, it's very interesting to see next few bulletins.

It depends on your perspective...

I'm not so optimistic when it comes to "ANYTHING" from USCIS/DOS and regard most verbage as nothing but meaningless rhetoric. These are vague, unclear footnotes and disclaimers that I think are appended at the end of bulletins to add to more ambiguity to what is happening.

As usual, full thumbs down to this bulletin as well. Sure, ROW has seen some movement, but ironically that does not help "ANY" non-ROW candidate very much.

It is applicable to ROW only

I understand this like, if nothing is changed, ROW will be current in 4 months (1 year for each month - the same rate). When ROW is current PD of oversubscribed countries starts moving (nobody can predict rate for them).

I suspect when they say other chargeability, might be China, Mexico (as it's clear that ROW and PHIL have advanced very well). For India, I really doubt any movement because of massive 245(i) India cases. So I'm thinking that there will be movement for China and Mexico dates along with ROW and PHIL in the coming months. If India dates moves, then that will be a bonus :) (for Indians)

UN, can you comment on this and by the way, congratulations for getting your GC and please keep continue help others with immigration matters.

From May visa bulletin,

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.

Does other chargeability areas include India, China etc?

If it's, it's very interesting to see next few bulletins.

well I read it this way

other chargeability areas = India, China, Mexico
other chargeability areas preference categories = India Eb2, China EB2

Guys,

Well, It is a clear indication of USCIS is just sitting and waiting for backlog to be cleared...I predict during July, August and mainly in september you will most be able to see "Current" in EB3-India/EB2-India categories.

And if that happens, do we have to be glad about it.. Perhaps momentarily...Again we will start whining in 485 Queue on this board for further 4 more years...Forget CIR ... I do not see any reforms before 2009...2008 is election year...

I understand this like, if nothing is changed, ROW will be current in 4 months (1 year for each month - the same rate). When ROW is current PD of oversubscribed countries starts moving (nobody can predict rate for them).

Their ultimate goal is to make ROW current. I don't think India and China can really be optimistic.

I am still skeptical of the 1 year ROW movement. I wonder if somebody typed "03" instead of "02". The USCIS is almost never a bearer of good news, and this seems too good to be true. I will wait until the end of day Monday to see if it stays the same, before I believe it.

If it is indeed true, it means they were speculatively holding back the dates based on what they expected to be coming out of the backlog centers, instead of going by the actual I-140s they have in hand. And if it is true, it means my priority date becomes current and I'll have to look about getting another set of fingerprints taken ... it is possible to proactively ask for fingerprints and get an appointment, is it? Rather than waiting for them to send a notice at some random time?

Correct me if i am wrong

if the 2001 labor cases which are approving from CA applies 140/485 since thier PD is current now for EB3 or EB2,

USCIS will approve those people's 485 based on RD and not PD, once their namecheck is cleared

so, it will take minimum 6 months to approve even if they apply now

Name check clearance is killing everyone.

hmmm.. !!!! another monster ("Name Check") just waiting there to fill its belly with backlogged souls..:eek:

Thanks for the congratulations.

When department of state says "demand"; they are saying demand by uscis for visas to approve cases. There could be a lot of pending cases but uscis is not approving them.

I know many, many people who have priority dates current but are stuck in name check. Since July 2006 every 485 I have filed which has a current priority date; all of them except for two have been approved. The remaining when they did case status inquiry; the answer was pending name check.

It looks like the name check is a worsening issue. Once those name checks clear then the "demand" will pick up for uscis to approve the cases. These days; once you file 485; it should get approved within 3 months; if it doesn't then you are stuck in name check and no one knows how long that will take.

I think they are in a dilemna that there are many pending cases that are in the system but should they hold the visa dates thinking they could get approved at any time or move them forward and allow others to file and get them approed if they are not stuck in name check.

I do know that recently; a lot of April and May 2001 labors have been approved from California. California has a lot of pending cases that are coming into the system now.

Don't be skeptical.
They don't make mistakes like that.
AND they allude to the (disproportionate) forward movement in their notes.
THIS IS IT, I THINK I MIGHT HAVE MY GC BY JANUARY!!!
Okay, maybe I'm getting carried away here...

Thanks for the congratulations.
It looks like the name check is a worsening issue.

UN and others, can we do anything for the security check issue? Is wom still an option when the uscis categorically said they will not expedite the wom cases? Thanks.

Don't be skeptical.
They don't make mistakes like that.
AND they allude to the (disproportionate) forward movement in their notes.
Looks like you're right, and it is for real:

USCIS said:
Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year.

Now let's hope they don't get a flood of I-485s rushing in and do a knee-jerk reaction of retrogressing it by a year.

I estimate no more than around 3k EB3-Row waiting to file 485 from that era...

and for uscis thats definitley not a flood...

they have enough cases; it is just that a lot of them aren't approvable due to the name check/security issue. They are in a dilemna; move the dates and allow others to file and get approved or wait to see if uscis starts approving the pending cases.
Yes, that's why I am being cautiously optimstic. If labor substitution is not banned, I'll expect some backward movement of EB3 ROW in the coming months as the I-485s and I-140s come flooding in from people who couldn't apply due to retrogression. For now I just have to hope I'm not stuck in name check, and that the backwards movement if it happens will still keep the ROW date in 2003.

United nations, please send your office number

Unitednations,
please send me your office number . I need to contact you on immigration.
I would like to take your help in filing some documentation,

Thanks

UN,

Congrtas and enjoy ur after GC life ;-))
what do recommend to check and speed up on namecheck
Did you attempt to contact senator,congressmen etc..
is tthis all worth it?
Kindly advise