• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interesting finding - cases are removed from CEAC

Looks like KCC did some mass deletes over the last few days.... nearly 2000 principal winners removed from CEAC - becoming holes....

This is something new.... at least in this volume.

http://britsimonsays.com/mass-delete-of-dv2015-cases-in-ceac-by-kcc/
Very interesting. The only possible interpretation I could really see at this time is related to disqualifications after announcement of lottery results, yet before respective interview dates, i.e. resulting from DS-260/lottery entry data inconsistencies, late identified double entries, security denials identified during preliminary checks, declaration of intentions not to pursue DV cases further by individuals etc. Still, the absolute number of cases affected seems to be rather high, hence I can't be sure whether the this list could possibly be complete. Just a thought.

Hm, afaik you can't get a "security denial" or any other between selection and interview. I'd assume somehow related to people who did not proceed either by not submitting DS260 or by submitting it but failing to appear for interview; however for these situations I'd think 2000 is too low a number for all such of either instance.

Or - Is there any way of knowing if those winners had actually been notified - is it possible they were kept in reserve for an October draw that then didn't end up happening?

Hm, afaik you can't get a "security denial" or any other between selection and interview. I'd assume somehow related to people who did not proceed either by not submitting DS260 or by submitting it but failing to appear for interview; however for these situations I'd think 2000 is too low a number for all such of either instance.
Or - Is there any way of knowing if those winners had actually been notified - is it possible they were kept in reserve for an October draw that then didn't end up happening?

No, we know they had submitted their DS260s - most of these are scheduled cases.

If they were no shows they would simply be "ready - why delete the principal from the database? That ensures they cannot do anything like entering the USA and attempting AoS - but this happened in the last few days of the lottery - so what was the point of that. To me, this must be something to do with adding them to a "bad boy" list - so yes - it looks like a security denial. The same "offence" committed by the holes - but in this case not discovered until they submit the DS260 and get scheduled.