Inquiry name check result by Fax

getit

Registered Users (C)
FYI

I just called FBI name ckeck department again and was told I could use fax for the result inquiry. The fax num is: 202-324-3367

It looks like to you talked to somebody and not machine, what is the number??? Is this number different from what being posted in other threads??

When ??

When do they do the name check? Is it prior to generating a RFE (if required) ?

Does the 'name check' process take place after a response to a RFE? Is there any use in contacting the FBI regarding 'name check' in anticipation of a RFE or our case being taken up for process?

Does the latest e-mail notification system alert the applicant when BCIS enquire with the FBI regarding the 'name check'?

Thanks in advance.

I callled 202-324-2399 for name check result. A lady picked up the call because the voice mail was full. She told me that fax number.

I had name check inquiry because my online status has never been updated after FP done. It lasts more than one year and still teh very orginal message. So domebody told me probably the name check is not done.

I don't know when CIS requires name check, or whether they reuire everybody for name check. I just checked with FBI, and I dont think it affects something.

Just now i sent a fax to the number provided by "getit".

Thanks "getit" for posting the fax number here.

lexvsc2002

just wrote:my case is pending for more than > 22 months and
my case is waiting for a security check(which is wild Guesss...).
Please do the security check asap.

Gave my details :

First Name :
Last Name :
DOB:
A#.

Hope this helps.

Lexvsc2002.

Is it good idea to fax a copy of our driver license to FBI for our security (name ) check , please comment on this …….

Thanks
Shashi

I have a questions...Is the case assigned with clearances???... Or case is assigned to an officer and officer waits for clearances..

Did you hear any response from fbi after faxing your information??

name check vs. FP result?

Sorry, guys. I am totally confused. Could somebody explain this to me? What is the difference between Finger print checking and name check? Aren't they the same thing? If they are different, when CIS will initiate your name check? Does FP department in FBI also do name check? Gurus, please reply. Thanks a lot.

It is not for everyone and one of my friends got his approval after 27 months pending at VSC, no RFE, no update, no name check though he was concerned about it because of his nationality…it is for people from certain former-communist countries and people opt for consular processing….most people will get their fp result from FBI and their cases go back to a queue at VSC….hope it helps.

name check

Hi, I went for interview and the officer told me my case is pending for FBI name check. I did the FAX using the FBI name check number. I feel very frustrated with green card. What should I do now, please help. Thanks
needluck1

needluck1,

I am as frustrated as you are. The BCIS told my lawyer they are doing the name check on me although I have already waited for the I-485 approval notice for 2.5 years. They don't care our feeling at all.
Do you hear anything from them recently? For the common name, it might take very long time. My name happens to be very common. Hope the wait is not endless.

name check

FBI told me my name check is pending although they started it 1.5 year ago. Do u know how long it usually take? My name is not common? u think that will take longer than usually?

needluck1,

Did FBI get back to you on your name check result? Did they call you and inform that it is pending?

I left a phone message and also FAXed them. Have not heard any thing from them yet.

-sk

Hi needluck1,

Based on my case and experience, the common name takes longer time to get cleared. But I don't know why it took 1.5 years to check your name bu still no result.

Guys,
Yesterday, I got a call from FBI regarding my name check inquiry thru FAX.They said my name check was done and sent the details to VSC on december'2002.

I faxed the letter to FBi on april'26rd.

Include ur email address while sending ur details to FBI.

Good luck,
lexvsc2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urget Regd Name Check

I got call from FBI regarding name check, the lady took my email address and she told me that by Monday or Tuesday I would get result to my email address. One more thing she told to tell my friends who ever send fax to FBI for name check they have include email address or fax number because they said it will take time to call personal . So I request you guys to include email address or fax back number

All the best

Thanks
Shashi