Inquiry about the naturalization and the disruption in the continuous residency

Good afternoon.

I have a question in regard to the naturalization.

I am Yemeni and I used to Live in Saudi Arabia.

I obtained my green card through the Diversity Lottery program in January 2014.

I landed in US for the first time in March 2014 for 1 week and then returned back to Saudi Arabia.
My intention was to look for a job through the internet and once i get any job opportunity, i move permanently.
During that period my wife got pregnant and due to her health condition and situation, she could not travel during the first three months and unfortunately I stayed out of US for 8 months.

Although the matter was risky but we traveled to US for 1 week in November 2014 in order not to pass the 1 year period and loss the green card.

The plan then was to let her travel back to US for delivery but again due to the War in Yemen and her fear and concerns on her parents safety, she became sick and lost weight during the last two months of the pregnancy. Therefore the doctor did not recommend that she travel for long distance especially that she is not feeling well.

Once she delivered the baby, it took a while from me to issue a passport for the baby and then it took almost 1 month or more to get a reply from the US Embassy and Consulate at Saudi Arabia on how to issue a VISA for the baby to travel with us to US.

Therefore my trip was after 10 months from the last one namely in October 2015.

I understand that I stayed out of US two times for more than 6 months but I believe that I had a valid humanity reason.

Is there a way to avoid or overcome the disruption that happened in the continuous residency condition and file for the neutralization in March 2019 (which will be 5 years from the issuance of the green card March 2014).

Thanks a lot for your support.

In my opinion, you'll be denied due to a lack of continuous residency. But, you could apply 4 years + 1 day after you returned from your last long trip in October 2015. This means you could apply in October 2019, though I recommend waiting a couple of weeks past that deadline. You cannot apply 90 days early in this case.