Information for folks stuck in FBI Name Check

Hi Deepa and other ,

I called senetor office and she asked me to stpo by with papaer work so they can start investigation . I had plan to goto office and before that I thought let me call service center using phone no posted by for my country (according to him we can talk to IO officer directly ) I called following no and prompt .
dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4 you can talk with imm. officer directly
It was connected to cust. Rep and I explaing my case to her so she took the info and trasfer to supervisor who is IO and he listen carefully took my A # and told me that my case is still not updated in system and normally service center folks has to do that . He said wait for some time and I am sending request to them to update your case and because of thousands of cases were apporved it may be possible that they are overloaded with work .
Deepa in your case this prompt 4 fits pefeclty because it says if you received one of your GC and did not received other then press 4 so you can directly talk to them to get your status where you are .

Thanks
Shailesh

Hi Shailesh,
Hopefully you will hear some thing good from the Senators office. Thanks for your advise. I did call them before using POJ method and the Service Rep escalated my call to another person and that person gave me the same answer as they gave you (system not updated ). He also said that I should get some thing (not sure if it is an approval notice or RFE) in two weeks. But he did said that my case is not yet approved. How generous of him to confirm that !!!! Well we are doing what we can do and other than that..its just waiting . Some times I just count my blessings - I have an EAD to work here.
Thanks,
Deepa.

Is visa number alloted as and when PD is current irrespective of namecheck?

Mine is NOT a transferred case. I am at NSC. But does Visa number already gets alloted based on PD as and when its current ....or does one have to wait until namecheck is clear and PD is current to have a visa number alloted?

EB3 India Dec 2001
I485 RD July 2005

Yesvi: Yes. The TSC IO said that in Sept (I'm a Mar' 07 x-fer case VSC->TSC) it will be assigned to an officer since my FP are done and ok. If the Name Check clears before that then it might get assigned earlier. BTW: what's your PD and RD?

zzzz4zzzz: 180 rule applies to Original TSC filed cases too... X-fer'd cases get shafted cause the 180 day starts once the case is received at the new center :(

Perhaps this might be a reason why TSC cases were adjudicated first and have a visa # assigned already and the x-fer'd ones are the pending cases and will probably make up majority of approvals in October (esp. the ones with older PD dates of 2001, 2002)

Cheers,
A

PD: EB3 (India) Sept '01
RD: I-485 Apr '05
Name Check Pending since May '05

Hi Shailesh,
Any updates on your case ? I got my GC yesterday. Vermont Center is still alive and they are working. Please do let me know the status of your case.
PD-2002 October.
I-485 - approved in Sep 2007
Thanks,
Deepa.

Deepa ,

Congratulations ,no I haven't heard anything from office since I had to wait untill Oct 19 then I can see IO officer at local office I did not contact Senator . I will wait untill 19th and then will go through senetor . In your case were they telling it is stuck in security check?

Again congratulation and good luck for citizenship.

Shailesh

Shailesh,
Why din't you contact your senator ? And also why do you need to wait to go to local office ? Our case would not have moved but for the Senators phone call to the local office . For my husband they did tell that it is under securtiy check ...actually it was sent as a response to SR initiated. But it was approved after a week. Any ways, hopefully everything will work out well for you . Do let me know if you need any information.
Thanks,
Deepa.

Deepa ,

The reason behind wait is , when I went for passport stamp ,she said it is in security check and she request me to wait for atleast 3 months . I think they did not done their paperwork which needs to be done after case approval and when I went there USCIS had made all category unavailable . She asked me to come after 19th OCT which means
from 1st Oct new visa will get available since I waited this much I will wait few more days and now I have confirmation from vermount IO that they did not transfer my case and there no such security check going on . I will talk to supervisor at office and before going there one week or two week before I will go to Sentor office and let them know whole scenario so when I go there they will know that I met senetor before .

Thanks
Shailesh