InfoPass at Newark NJ

faisalt

Registered Users (C)
This thread is to track how long it normally takes when you request an appointment and the date you get it for at Newark, NJ. I like to know when to request(# of days) the infopass before i actually go to Newark office.

Took me 10 days

Being unable to get any information about my case as it has been more than a year, I decided to make an appointment at Newark Office. After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally got an appointment for 10 days after.
I have to accept that they have made significant changes outside the office.
They have two/three entrances with clearly stated boards. There is no more long lines that used to go for miles. My appointment was for 7:45am. I got there around 7:15. Stood outside for like 20mins. Then people started going inside. Went on to the third floor. Lady told me to show the infopass and ID.
Told me to make first right at the end of lobby. Now point to be noted, YOU WILL SEE A LONG LINE INSIDE THE LOBBY, BUT DONT GET FOOLED BY IT IF YOU HAVE INFOPASS. THAT LINE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE APPOINTMENTS. DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE STANDING IN THAT LINE AS I DID
AND WASTED 15 MINUTES. GO STRAIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time (end of last year, 2004) I scheduled my infopass it take about the same time, two weeks out. Did not see the long line you were mentioning, but there is a line inside with all the people. Not sure if they all have infopass, but some do.

They might have separate them this time around. Good to see that.

Kenmw