India Passport (OCI application)

Appreciate your reply.

Can you please confirm ? , in this checklist it says that the original US and last valid indian passport will be submitted after approval...

This is all so confusing! since they ask for copies of Indian passport in the list of documents

Do we need to send the original india passport (if not cancelled) along with the OCI application?
No need to send US passport when you apply for OCI.
First get Indian passport canceled and get SC and apply for OCI with Copy of canceled Indian passport and copy of SC.
once OCI reach Indian consulate then take/send US passport and send Copy of SC and Copy of canceled Indian passport.

Alright, I just stumbled across this in the Indian embassy (Washington DC ) website"Presently, there is a backlog so in case you apply for renunciation separately, pls note that the processing time may be several weeks so it is strongly recommended that you apply for renunciation along with Visa/OCI/PIO application"

This means I can combine this RC along with OCI application.

Alright, I just stumbled across this in the Indian embassy (Washington DC ) website"Presently, there is a backlog so in case you apply for renunciation separately, pls note that the processing time may be several weeks so it is strongly recommended that you apply for renunciation along with Visa/OCI/PIO application"

This means I can combine this RC along with OCI application.

Yes, ginnu explained more clearly what to send what not to.

I applied OCI and Indian Passport Cancellation together and sent my Indian Passport along with the fee and it was done no questions asked ... Just send lots of copies of the documents ... Notarized would be better. Website is not clear thats why you don't want to take any chance.