Inadmissibility in US

Starwalker

Hi to all

I traveled to US on visit visa (B1/B2), on my arrival at the Washington Airport, after the visa scanning process was done I was assigned to the admissibility section, I submitted my passport to the CBP staff and immigration officers and waited for my turn, when my name was called I went to the desk and the immigration officer started inquiring me about the general questions like why you came to US and where you will be staying, I said I have just came for visiting and to spend my remaining vacations and I will be staying at my friends house I told her that I just came for three days and I am currently working in Dubai and I am also an Australian Permanent Resident, then she asked me to put your baggage on the desk and then she started screening my baggage and looked into each and every thing in that, she opened my laptop and started browsing through the Data, she found my CV in my laptop, she said that you have came here for job purposes and you are an intending immigrant, then she went inside the room and asked me to wait on the seats.

After sometime she came back and took me to one cabin where she took my interview and my picture was taken as well, then she read that paper at this time you are inadmissible to the United States and you cannot apply for any type of visa for the next five years, she prepared a letter stating Determination of Inadmissibility and Order of removal under section 235(b)(I), after this I was taken to the detention cell on the airport and almost spend 48 hours there for my next flight to board in back to my country of residence, this was the worst thing ever happened in my life before, I would appreciate if you can provide me with a detailed information on how can I justify my situation in current circumstances as this will have bad impact on my history as they have cancelled my visa, is it a good idea to take a help of immigration attorney in this regard to apply for a wavier, if so can you recommend me anyone you trust in best suited for this job.

The moral of the story is that one should never voluntarily give up too much information esp to an official of any kind and in this case an over zealous one. Everything you say can be turned against you.

I don't believe there is much you can do at this point to get a waiver to return simply for visiting. If in the future, you do get a job in the US you will definitely need an attorney.

I-212 Waiver

Hi Thanks for the reply, suppose If i get a job and the company is willing to sponsor my H1-B, then in that case I have to file a I-212 waiver throught attorney, generally speaking what are the chances that my waiver will be approved, and if someonce can refer me contact details of good attorney who deals in such matters, would appreicate that....looking forward to your response.

BR
Starwalker

To get a 212 waiver approved will not be easy as there are so many others waiting for the H1B who do not have such a problem. It all depends on the job you get and how badly your new employer needs you and is willing to spend on you etc. If you would like to send me a private message I will gladly give you the name of my attorney in California.