Importing/Driving personal car in Canada

Nel K.

Registered Users (C)
Does any one have any experience of importing or driving your car into Canada? Is it a requirement to import your car in case you want to drive it in Canada?

Any comments would be much appreciated.
-Anil

No Title

Yes, If you are landed immigrant, you are not allowed to drive the car if this car has outside Canada licence plate. You have to import your car at the time of landing. There is a $182.00 CAN processing fee for that. After that you have 30 days to register your car in Candian motor vehicles office.
I guess this will answer your question, for more info please contact your lawyer or department of motor vehicle in Canada.

All the best.

No Title

I have to import my car at the time of landing. But my car is unadmissible and cannot be imported from US to CA.
There is some questions:

1.May I drive my car and land in Canada and then return back to US,and then sell it before I will return back to Canada?

2.If there is 30 days to register the car in Canadian motor vehicles office,may I enter Canada with my car and live there less than 30 days without registration or canadian officer will check if my car unadmissible and I won\'t be allowed drive my car from canadian border to Canada?

If somebody knows how avoid this problem it will be really helpful.