Important info about I-551 Stamp

rem

Registered Users (C)
After my case was approved by the adjudicator she placed I-551 stamp on my PP as an evidence of my newly acquired LPR status.I was suprised to see that the stamp will expire in just 2 months.My lawyer told me that if they approve my case on the spot I will receive stamp with expiration date 1 year from the interview date.Does anybody knows if there is a new policy in place according to which the officers can put stamps on the passports of approved applicants but the expiration date of the stamp must be no more than 3 months from the date of the interview?Thank you in advance for all your responses.

rem said:
After my case was approved by the adjudicator she placed I-551 stamp on my PP as an evidence of my newly acquired LPR status.I was suprised to see that the stamp will expire in just 2 months.My lawyer told me that if they approve my case on the spot I will receive stamp with expiration date 1 year from the interview date.Does anybody knows if there is a new policy in place according to which the officers can put stamps on the passports of approved applicants but the expiration date of the stamp must be no more than 3 months from the date of the interview?
-- I think they have new internal policy. you will get your Card in 3-6 weeks after Interview date as they have to send the file to service center and then Card production unit has to make the Card and mail you
Thank you in advance for all your responses.

Hi
I too got I-551 stamp for only 2 months when I went with I-90 reciept in Chicago district office. I was surprised to see 2 months as I was under the impression of 1 year validity.

Another question is, if you see in the stamp it is mentioned that "authorized to work for 2 months only". Does it mean that do we have to get another stamp before it expires in order to continue and maintain valid status in US.

Thanks
Harsh

My stamp experience

Hi,

I got a stamp for 30 days only, today at the Newark, NJ's office. I am like what? I was under the impression it would be for a whole year too. but they cross where it says a year and they put a different expiration date on there. and on the bottom it says I90 application pending. I guess they want you to receive your green card..Eventually..I don't know why they give it out for such a short time.

I'm sure our LPR status doesn't expire just because our stamp expired but the thing is we will have to schedule an appointment and have our PP stamped again and most importantly do this every 1 or 2 months depending on the expiration date untill our green cards arrive.

Well I-551 stamp coming to expiration date

Well has anyone faced getting the stamp? I-551? it is very tideous. I had to show proof that my father is sick and got a stamp for only a month, now what do I do to continue my permanent residency? people with my situation are welcomed to reply..

My stamp is valid for 1 year but the officer said once I receive my GC I don't need the stamp anymore. Probably the fact that they send the GC very quickly now, so they don't need to put a 1 year limit for the stamp :)

By the way I received my card in a few days, so even with a 30 days stamp it would have been enough :D

Yeah, but...

Yeah but I haven't been fingerprinted for the I90 greencard yet..30 days is not enough..