Important: EAD Process Change - is it true?

alexginga

Registered Users (C)
I want to validate my theory that our glorious CIS again changed their internal process without advising existing applicants or thinking about the implications thereof.

There is a significant number of applicants, including my wife, who paper-filed for their EAD (I-765) in the last 3 months. Our application(s) were approved and online status changed accordingly. However - over 30 days passed, but no approval notice, nor card has ever been sent to us. The online status also never changed to 'card ordered' stage.

According to the Immigration Information Officers at Vermont Service Center (you can reach them via 800 as the 3rd - last level of telephone support) - in this situation submitting NON-DELIVERY REFERRAL would not help the applicant, since the card was not returned to them via mail. The district CIS office will not help either, since the case has already been approved by the service center. What are we supposed to do?!!?!

Well - I asked the Officer, does it really matter that my wife (the applicant) didn't submit her fingerprints? Guess what - These were the Info. Officer's words - "go back and schedule your biometric appointment." The card will not be ordered unless and until the applicant passes the Biometrics, for which the appointment has to be scheduled.

ANYBODY WHO IS IN THE SAME BOAT (RECENTLY filed a regular non-electronic I-765) - PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES AND FEEDBACK HERE...

Sorry to hear that.
I've recently received my and my husband EAD cards (Paper based). They were sent to VCS in a middle of October, approved and cards received in a month (dependent was approved first by the way). No appointment and no fingerprints. It was also our concern about fingerprints because the notice had not very clear information regarding fingerprints. It was something like if this notice is for I-485, etc please schedule your fingerprint appointment. We didn't do that. Maybe you should call one more time to VCS and talk to another officer, I think it may be a different answer or if I were you I'll go for biometrics. Have you ever done biometrics before?

Not true .... the process is unchanged.

Paper-filed EAD (renewal) with NSC -- approved in less than a month (last wk) and card received yesterday (under a week after approval)

max2k1,
I applied (paper filed) for EAD renewal with NSC on 11/2/2005 and received the receipt notice from TSC but the receipt numbers are LINXXXXXXXX. Is TSC processing EAD's for NSC ?

sra123 said:
max2k1,
I applied (paper filed) for EAD renewal with NSC on 11/2/2005 and received the receipt notice from TSC but the receipt numbers are LINXXXXXXXX. Is TSC processing EAD's for NSC ?
Weird -- maybe TSC is just mailing out based on your location (maybe you live in TSC area) ?
Never had that happen to me at least :)

As long as its LINxxx, you know its being processed at NSC.

My EAD (paper filed as well) was filed @NSC and everything was done at NSC.
Keep us posted on what happens to your EAD .... you should get something in about 2 weeks or less.

max2k1,
I live in VA under VSC. I'm not sure if my EAD will be processed in 2 weeks. I'll be happy to get it some time in Dec 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,
This's true.We're tortured by this process at Newark, NJ ASC.
We've been told that Interim EAD is approved , but can't be issued as Finger Print/Biometrics is not available.

But we gave Biometrics 4 months back , when explained the same to them with proof, the people in INS office didn't care at all.

We pleaded the officers over there , it's of no use.Now we should be out of job as out current EAD's expire,though it's been more than 90 days passed, the interim EAD is not issued.

What a nuisance process from INS.Now I don't know what to do.For their mistake , we've to suffer now.

lvsonii

I am in same boat.I went to newark last weeek (finished biometrics before two months)I ask immi.officer my ead was filed more than 95 days (now 105 days)not approved yet so i need interim ead after she ask me show me all documents then she told me newark immi.office no more issue ead you will get it ead from service center(missouri cener)now i am waiting for renew ead i dont know how many days immigration need for ead .My ead was expired 15 days gone but still waiting i dont know what i have to do.I called 18003755283 but immi. representive she said i can not help you.now waiting waiting ...................................................................................................................................................................................................

lvsonii said:
I am in same boat.I went to newark last weeek (finished biometrics before two months)I ask immi.officer my ead was filed more than 95 days (now 105 days)not approved yet so i need interim ead after she ask me show me all documents then she told me newark immi.office no more issue ead you will get it ead from service center(missouri cener)now i am waiting for renew ead i dont know how many days immigration need for ead .My ead was expired 15 days gone but still waiting i dont know what i have to do.I called 18003755283 but immi. representive she said i can not help you.now waiting waiting ...................................................................................................................................................................................................

This remind me my story 5 years ago. I applied for EAD based on OPT right after accepting a job offer around early Nov 2000. I expect to receive it or get the interm 3 months later. However, they was never shown up until Mar 2001 (5 months waiting total). The local office told me that they don't do interm and all I can do is wait wait. After waiting for 4 months, the local office sent my case to the region office and request for my interm EAD (I drove 200 miles round trip to the local office 2 times a week to get inline and bug them for status ). I drove to the region office (across my living state and one more state before going to that state) and got an answer that they can not give me the interm EAD because my EAD was approved the day before ( They would give me interm if my EAD is not approved). Then the most worst waiting time ever with multiple trip to local office. Then 1 month later, the EAD showed up at my door.
5 months to get that EAD.

Then the funny thing later, I applied for the second one 4 months before the first 1 expired (the first one valided 6 months). They gave me 4 month interim EAD right the day after the first one expired my work state. Then, I received another 6 months on the second EAD. Total they gave me 16 months instead of 12 months. Of course I get H1B before 12 months reach.