Impact of travel outside US when H1B extension petition is pending with USCIS

singhss

Registered Users (C)
My current H1 visa/stamping is valid till 3rd Feb, 2007 and my company has filed for H1 B extension on 6th Nov,2006 and I have receipt no as well.

Due to some family emergency, I made a short trip to India in December 2006 while my H1 B extension case was still pending with USCIS.

Would like to know that
1. should I once again file for H1 extension petiotion (since new I 94 was issued once I came back to USA where as Extension case is still pending with USCIS with previous I94 card)
or
2.the same extension case is still valid(despite my India travel) ??

Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the concerned URL pertaining to this rule from USCIS ...
Thanks in advance for your inputs!!

I thought you got memo from CIS. What other URL do you want ?

Last edited by a moderator:
singhss said:
My current H1 visa/stamping is valid till 3rd Feb, 2007 and my company has filed for H1 B extension on 6th Nov,2006 and I have receipt no as well.

Due to some family emergency, I made a short trip to India in December 2006 while my H1 B extension case was still pending with USCIS.
----------------not a problem
Would like to know that
1. should I once again file for H1 extension petiotion (since new I 94 was issued once I came back to USA where as Extension case is still pending with USCIS with previous I94 card)

----------------not needed as your H1 extension was filed when you had valid I-94 and you will get new I-94 attached with your H1 Ext approval and that will be your LATEST I-94

or
2.the same extension case is still valid(despite my India travel) ??
----------------that is valid case
Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the concerned URL pertaining to this rule from USCIS ...
---- search the USCIS site or other lawyer sites
Thanks in advance for your inputs!!