Impact of priorty date change on CP

satish99

Can anyone please tell me how priorty date change will affect CP processing? If priorty dates are not current after september 2002, will NVC send packet 3 to us and will it ceate a case? Will the consulate be able to schedule an interview.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Consulate will not schedule an interview if your priority date is not current

Not sure of what the NVC will do though.

Priority Date has the following effects:

1) NVC will not send Packet 3 if the date is not expected to be current in near future. If the dates retrogress after Packet 3 has been mailed, they will complete the process till they get it back from you/St. Louis. But will not forward it to the consulate.
2) Consulate will receive Packet 3 from NVC (after you have paid the fees and provided all the necessary documents/forms) only if the dates are expected to be current. However, if the dates retrogress after consulate receives the file (or is in the process of receiving), consulate will hold on to the file AND not schedule your interview till PD becomes current again. The reason for that is the consulate cannot get a visa number assigned to your case from State Dept. until PD is current. And hence there is no use of scheduling an interview.
3) Once your interview is scheduled, you are through. Your case has been assigned the required visa numbers. Every month State Dept issues visa bulletin, based on which consulates schedule interview. Between that time and your interview, if the dates retrogress, one is already through. the system is such that it won\'t retrogress for you.

i hope this helps.

No Title

Thanks shri ganesh and Rajesh for the useful information.

So, it mainly means that one is through only after his interview in consulate is scheduled. But isn\'t there any role of "processing in NVC"? I was thinking that if NVC assigned a case number then we are through.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

NVC assigning case has no bearing on PD and you case

NVC simply assigns the case number to handle your file efficiently. all files will get assigned a case number. remember, now NVC sends you a letter with a barcode specific to your file? that\'s simply a representation of a case number.