Imp: How precise should the term of experience be?

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
guys:

My labor just got approved for a job which seeks Master +2 or Bachelors +4 experience. I just realized that I have almost 1 yr and 11 months before I started my current job. Is that OK or would INS be requiring exactly over 2 years since I completed my masters?
Please reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks!

dcmetro22042 said:
guys:

My labor just got approved for a job which seeks Master +2 or Bachelors +4 experience. I just realized that I have almost 1 yr and 11 months before I started my current job. Is that OK or would INS be requiring exactly over 2 years since I completed my masters?

Thanks!

They tend to be pretty strict about it. You need to meet those requirements before you file you I-140.

mdh

hmm. thats not good news for me it seems. looks like one month when I was laid-off is going to haunt me...not sure what to do.
We cannot use full-time internships as experience during masters right?

dcmetro22042 said:
guys:

Thanks!
------------ go to lawyer who filed LC and check form ETA750A and find what is written in item 14 and 15. You need to have that requirement BEFORE the date LC was filed.

dcmetro22042 said:
guys:

Thanks!

dcmetro22042,

I know you got a RFE for this and had an unfortunate experience.
My question is "how did they figure out that you had "1 yr and 11 months" experience?". Was it - how it was exactly in your "reference letters"?

Well, no. I realized after talking to my lawyer that I was well over the 2 years of Masters. As for RFE, I had it since my lawyer messed up and mentioned Bachelors + 4 Years or Masters + 2 as candidate's minimum experience..but had filed under EB2. USCIS issued us RFE to convert application from EB2 to EB3 :( Therefore the two were unrelated as other than his stupidity, I should have been approved under EB2 since I have Masters + 3 yrs of experience before starting this job.

Question about 140/485

Anybody who applied 140/485 together, has experienced 485 returned back because of pending 140 from Nebraska center?
How long it takes to get the first response from Nebraska center after you sent the papers for 140/485?
Can some one help me pls?
Thanks

dcmetro22042 said:
Well, no. I realized after talking to my lawyer that I was well over the 2 years of Masters. As for RFE, I had it since my lawyer messed up and mentioned Bachelors + 4 Years or Masters + 2 as candidate's minimum experience..but had filed under EB2. USCIS issued us RFE to convert application from EB2 to EB3 :( Therefore the two were unrelated as other than his stupidity, I should have been approved under EB2 since I have Masters + 3 yrs of experience before starting this job.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Wow, that is very unfortunate.

Another question (trusting your experience):
- I think MS+1 year phrase doesn't require the whole 1 year "after" completing MS degree. It can be during or before MS degree; right?
- Are the reference letters enough for determining the period of experience? Or do they whine about exact graduation dates, this, that, etc...

Good Q. They could. There is no sureshot answer to all this. The certifying officer holds the key here, just like a visa officer granting a visa. To be safe, having a yr or more experience when job requires it, is the safest way...or the labor application needs to be worded creatively. And yes, I dont think that exprience during MS counts unless its a full time job.

gocard said:
Anybody who applied 140/485 together, has experienced 485 returned back because of pending 140 from Nebraska center?
How long it takes to get the first response from Nebraska center after you sent the papers for 140/485?
Can some one help me pls?
Thanks

this could be weeks to months. I heard back (regarding 140 rfe) in about took a month, someone else's took 2 weeks and someone's took 5 months. therefore no pattern. hopefully u shall hear back soon. good luck.

Good Q. They could. There is no sureshot answer to all this. The certifying officer holds the key here, just like a visa officer granting a visa. To be safe, having a yr or more experience when job requires it, is the safest way...or the labor application needs to be worded creatively. And yes, I dont think that exprience during MS counts unless its a full time job.

exprience before MS counts?