Immigration Visa for US Citiaen's spouse

tipu12345

Registered Users (C)
I applied immigration visa (I-130) of my wife on Apr 2006. On Jan 2007, I received letter from USCIS that they approved the peition. Then NVC started sending me documents (still they are sending). If I remember correctly so far I received follwoing documents from NVC
1) Agent of choice (to be filled by my wife). filled and submitted
2) Affidavit of suport fee bill and after that form.
3) Visa application fee bill
4) Now they have send the visa application (DS 230 part 1), needs to be submit at NVC here in US along with photocopy of passport.

Now what will be the next step. When my wife can expect to get visa. What are the questions, she can expect to be asked on the visa. Will there be more administrative process at islamabad?

Thanks and have a nice day:)

I applied immigration visa (I-130) of my wife on Apr 2006. On Jan 2007, I received letter from USCIS that they approved the peition. Then NVC started sending me documents (still they are sending). If I remember correctly so far I received follwoing documents from NVC
1) Agent of choice (to be filled by my wife). filled and submitted
2) Affidavit of suport fee bill and after that form.
3) Visa application fee bill
4) Now they have send the visa application (DS 230 part 1), needs to be submit at NVC here in US along with photocopy of passport.

Now what will be the next step. When my wife can expect to get visa. What are the questions, she can expect to be asked on the visa. Will there be more administrative process at islamabad?

Thanks and have a nice day:)

Did you get your answer(s)?

Send me a PM and we can compare notes.

We Both are close with simmilar Case

My wife is US citizen (We got married after meeting on internet) she is American!

we filled I-130 on May 2006

got NOA 28th November

Got approved I-130 15th Feb 2007

after receiving affidavit letters and deposit of fees now they asked to send the DS-230 Part one with Passport copies.

in about one month they will send the file to US embassy in Pakistan

your wife and i will hear in about 15th of July for medical examination
and they can interview after examination like August 2007 any date.

worst part of our processing is that they take unlimited time to check your security. that mean if they went at their best we can get visa by September 2007 and if we got delayed it can go by next Year!

Hope and Pray for the best
I live in Jhelum stay in touch so we can share ....

Did you get your answer(s)?

Send me a PM and we can compare notes.

would you please post your experince. I had send ds-230 part I at NVC.
Now when my wife can expects to get visa? Someone told me it will take six more months? :( . Is there any way it can be done fast.:D :)
Thanks

would you please post your experince. I had send ds-230 part I at NVC.
Now when my wife can expects to get visa? Someone told me it will take six more months? :( . Is there any way it can be done fast.:D :)
Thanks

After you send in DS-230, it takes NVC a few weeks to send your application to Islamabad. The embassy will send what is called packet 3.5 to your wife, which a list of items to submit. After you those are submitted, the embassy will call for an interview. At that time, if your wife goes on AR/AP than the wait can be long, otherwise it's just a week or two to get the visa in hand.

After you send in DS-230, it takes NVC a few weeks to send your application to Islamabad. The embassy will send what is called packet 3.5 to your wife, which a list of items to submit. After you those are submitted, the embassy will call for an interview. At that time, if your wife goes on AR/AP than the wait can be long, otherwise it's just a week or two to get the visa in hand.

Would you please let me know what is AR/AP? Thanks

Would you please let me know what is AR/AP? Thanks

AR/AP is when embassy (actually Department of State) runs additional checks (most likely related to security) after the interview. AR/AP stands for Administrative Review or Administrative Processing.

By the way, which stage is your wife's visa at? Is it at the embassy?

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know what the average time for this administrative processing is?i have been waiting for 4 months now

Unfortunately, there isn't anything predictable. I have heard of situations where it lasted a couple of months and situations where it lasted well over a year. Sorry! Good Luck though!

NVC has completed the processing and transferred the cased to Embassy. Embassy has received this case electronically but not physcial file. Embassy had told me once they will receive the physical file (in few weeks) they will send further information.
One of my firend told me it might take 3-6 months to get visa?

Regards

AR/AP is when embassy (actually Department of State) runs additional checks (most likely related to security) after the interview. AR/AP stands for Administrative Review or Administrative Processing.

By the way, which stage is your wife's visa at? Is it at the embassy?

NVC has completed the processing and transferred the cased to Embassy. Embassy has received this case electronically but not physcial file. Embassy had told me once they will receive the physical file (in few weeks) they will send further information.
One of my firend told me it might take 3-6 months to get visa?

Regards

There no good estimates for how long it's going to take. I am in a similar boat. Is it an IR or CR category? Do you have kids waiting as well?

In my case, just received the packet. In a day or two she will sned the required documents back to US embassy.
Post when your wife is scheduled for the interview. Thanks

I just got the email, her interview date is scheduled for the end of November(!!). That is almost four months from now. Good God!

Please update your situation as well.

Did ur eife get US visa

Did ur wife get visa. Will you share her experience of interview at consulate. Thanks in advance

Finally, I found something interesting. I am from Pakistan and will be filing I-130 and K-3 for my wife in August. Can you guys update me in what happened in your case, what was the timeline and what is the status now? Any other sugesstions as well?

It's been a while, but I thought I post it here, hopefully it will help someone.

Interview experience for my wife and toddler ...

Took the bus shuttle around 7:15am for the embassy. Got in around 8:00am got in the embassy. 1st call for an interview was around 8:30 and they got called after 3/4 people.

The interviewer asked for "baye" form, than showed my two year old daughter my picture asking who I was. I guess got a satisfactory response (from a two year old).

Then asked the following to my wife ...

Any link to a terrorist organization?
Previous visit visa application?
Who is petitioner?
Where does your husband live?
What does he do for living?
Where was the baby born?
Why were you in <another country>?
How long were you there for?
Do you have any relatives in the US?

Than something along the lines of .... congratulations your visa has been approved. Everything is okay, you need to send medical report. Which was sent along with passports and received the visas in about 12 days.