Immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvement Act

Re: sent to Sanchez office

Originally posted by wac-ed in CA
I mentioned the act and the policy comment today in my letter to ms. sanchez' office today and it has been forwarded to her legislative staff in washington. lets see if it brings any useful response. also planning to mention it in my followup letter to ms. eshoo's office tomorrow.

-wac-ed
Thanks wac-ed,
please update this thread for any response you receive from ms. sanchez' or ms. eshoo's office.

thanks for your efforts.

Hmmmm

I do not recall reading theses sections. Can someone email me the entire Act. It will save me some time.

just sent an email

of the copy of the law http://www.feds.com/basic_svc/public_law/106-313.htm
(The act was incorporated into the law as mentioned earlier in the thread)
Sec 204 (a) states

(a) AUTHORITY OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL- The Attorney General shall take such measures as may be necessary to--

(1) reduce the backlog in the processing of immigration benefit applications, with the objective of the total elimination of the backlog not later than one year after the date of enactment of this Act;

(2) make such other improvements in the processing of immigration benefit applications as may be necessary to ensure that a backlog does not develop after such date; and

(3) make such improvements in infrastructure as may be necessary to effectively provide immigration services

Its a go!

I have Sent out the following e-mail to all concerned people:

Folks, I think we are getting ready to file a law suit against INS for 485 delays. I think we have enough legal support to at least sustain a cause of action. Our team has researched preliminarily some of the law in our support. A member of the community pointed out AC21 also. I doubt if we can file a private law suit to enforce these provisions. But at least we can make an argument. See attached memo. This memo is very rough, so please ignore any semantics that you find faulty.

What I need now from the community now is a list of may be 5 to10 I-485 applicants whose applications have been pending for a long time; who have relatively "clean cases" (degrees from USA, verifiable experience, no criminal background, working with the same employer who is processing the green card and preferably some extraordinary hardship because of the delay).

These people must be committed and make themselves available as needed for speaking with us on the phone. They must sign contracts with our firm agreeing to our representation. They will be charged nothing. But if you folks wish to collect money, please do so on volunteer basis. Vijay Sharma, vijay.sharma@immigration.com can open an account to hold the funds. You can contact him directly. We would certainly welcome contributions from the community. It will help us expend more resources towards the litigation.

Suman ji, our team just needs to meet with me today. I will explain the logistics. Monica, post this announcement in the Moderators' forum also.

Let me know.

any response

Did anybody get any response/comment to the letter/law from any authority other than Senator Feinstein? It's been kind of surprising. I've been able to get kind of prompt responses so far. Please update.

thanks,

Any volunteer to take it further.

I'll keep updating this thread as and when I get information/correspondance from various authorities.

I can work on this...

if the steps that need to be taken can be listed.
I have already given info to anna eshoo on t his

Help to get the names, email addresses and fax #'s of congressmen and senators

Hi All,

I have seen this info before but can't locate it at this moment. Can somebody please point me to where I can find the name, email addresses and fax numbers for congressmen and senators who I should send letters to? Any help in this regards will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Paras

Re: Help to get the names, email addresses and fax #'s of congressmen and senators

Hi, Paras,
You can find the information at karma_yoga's “Action required” info of Project Ocean.
-kashmir
Originally posted by Paras
Hi All,

I have seen this info before but can't locate it at this moment. Can somebody please point me to where I can find the name, email addresses and fax numbers for congressmen and senators who I should send letters to? Any help in this regards will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Paras

reply from senator Boxer after 45 days

Dear Mr. XXX:

Thank you for your recent request for assistance with a federal agency.

Please be assured that your matter will receive serious attention, and that I will make every effort, consistent with federal law and ethics standards, to assist you. However, I will need to have your written consent on file before I can open a formal inquiry into your case. In most cases, such consent is required by federal law or regulation.

Therefore, please send your written and signed request for assistance to:

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
1700 Montgomery St., Suite 240
San Francisco, CA 94111

In your statement, please include your name, your address, your phone number, any relevant identification numbers (such as your social security or alien registration number), a brief description of your case, and your signature.

If this is an emergency, please call my San Francisco office at (415) 403-0100, and a member of my staff will assist you.

Once again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Also note that I had been in touch with Boxer's office for more than 9 months. Did not apperantly see any benefit out of those efforts. But "World runs on hope".

I believe that if you write a letter to Boxer mentioning this law, you'll get a rather fast, and hopefully serious results.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: reply from senator Boxer after 45 days

Originally posted by srohit
Also note that I had been in touch with Boxer's office for more than 9 months. Did not apperantly see any benefit out of those efforts. But "World runs on hope".
I believe that if you write a letter to Boxer mentioning this law, you'll get a rather fast, and hopefully serious results.
Good luck.
Hi, srohit,
I'm very pleased to see your posting.

Do you know who wrote the letter ?
Julia Lee ?
or Immigration caseworker at San Francisco office ?
You can find it after Barbara Boxer's signature such as "BB:jl".

By the way,
I have not heard anything from Mr. Tim Haugh, Acting Director of Congressinal Relations since I received a letter from Barbara Boxer on 11/13/2003.
I will follow it up next week, mentioning "Immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2000".

Re: Re: reply from senator Boxer after 45 days

Originally posted by kashmir
Hi, srohit,
I'm very pleased to see your posting.

Do you know who wrote the letter ?
Julia Lee ?
or Immigration caseworker at San Francisco office ?
You can find it after Barbara Boxer's signature such as "BB:jl".

Kashmir, above correspondance was through an email and does not have any other signature other than Senator's name.

It was nice to see your reply. Keep up your good work.

thanks,

Any complaint sample letter for LC?

hi, I am looking for a sample letter to complain the long waiting time for Labor Certificate. Anybody can post such a letter? I know this is a 485 thread but I just cannot find any thread like that in the LC threads.
Thanks a lot,