Immigration Scam News: Cyber Softec owner arrested ...

usnycus

Registered Users (C)
He's busted in big green card scam

Immigration authorities yesterday said the owner of a bogus company in New Jersey charged nearly 1,000 Pakistanis and Indians thousands of dollars to sponsor them for green cards.

Narendra Mandalapa, 36, of 101 Hidden Valley Drive in Edison, N.J., charged people up to $20,000 to file petitions for them to work at Cyber Softec, a ghost company with listed addresses in Iselin, N.J., and Santa Clara, Calif.

Mike Gilhooly, a spokesman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said Mandalapa had been arrested back in November after the agency detected an excessive amount of petitions for his relatively small company.

Immigration agents this week seized more than $5.7 million and other assets belonging to Mandalapa.

Source:
a) NY Daily News (Page 12, Sat, Jan 14, 2006)
b) http://www.nydailynews.com/01-14-2006/news/crime_file/story/382604p-324843c.html

My two cents on this,

It looks most of these people are from Andhra Pradesh(GULTI'S) who don't know how to speak eeennnllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiissssssssshhhhh, And most of them comes to USA by fraud degree certificates and continue their fraud culture after they land here.

Infact i was one of the victim of such company in 2000 which closed down in 2001, And sadly one of my close friend was an victim of this company(Cybersoftec), I would advice people should aware of these companies and also should think twice before joining any companies which has a base in Andhrapradesh.

If USCIS stats digging into these kind of companies, More fraud cases will come out.

DP

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, first learn to write english before point fingers at others. I tried to correct some (See them in bold) mistakes, but you need to learn how to write more effectively :)
Coming to your comments about people from AP, all desis are like that. Are you saying that all the Gujjus in the US are ethical in their business ? And all punjabis taxi/truck drivers are ethical ? Corruption is a way of life in India. Send me your real resume and the resume you send to employers. We can find out who is fraud.
Probably people from AP are more enterprising in IT and start comapnies. Unlike you and me who work for those companies. Because they own their companies they do fraud at a grandier scale than us being just employees.

I am ready for a open challenge in this regard. Give me your details and I will give mine. Let us see how ethical and honest you are :rolleyes:

dolphin24 said:
My two cents on this,

It looks Like most of these people are from Andhra Pradesh(GULTI'S) , who don't know how to speak eeennnllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiissssssssshhhhh, And most of them come to USA using fake degree certificates and continue their fraud culture after they land here.

Infact i was one of the victims of such a company in 2000 which was closed down in 2001, And sadly one of my close friend was also a(n) victim of this company(Cybersoftec), I would advice people that they should be aware of such companies and also should think twice before joining any of these companies which has a base in Andhrapradesh.

If USCIS star ts digging into these kind of companies, More fraud cases will come out.

DP

Here you go...staunch supporter for Cybersoftec like companies!!! :D,

Dude my view was only about IT people, I do agree that most of the people in India are fraud, But my question is why some people continue this in other countries ?

By the way you ask any one in this forum about what they are going to tell about most of the AP companies ha ? I don't need to write effectively to point fraud people, world knows about it !!! And to your sentence "people from AP are more enterprising in IT and start companies", Everyone knows how enterprising they are and I don't need to send my credentials for a person like you who don't accept the facts and these companies are the ones who teaches what fraud is when we land in US

dolphin24 said:
Here you go...staunch supporter for Cybersoftec like companies!!! :D,
Now you are talking like a republican. It is like sayting "If you are against the war, then you are anti-american". So If I do not support your view, all of I sudden I become a pro- Cybersoftec.....

I don't give a shit about Cybersoft or some other shitty soft. I was playing a devil's advocate. And I did not like you saying that people from AP cannot speak english or fraud. All I am saying is that most of the indians are fraud. That is just a survival instinct that we have.

dolphin24 said:
Dude my view was only about IT people, I do agree that most of the people in India are fraud, But my question is why some people continue this in other countries ?

If we are born in an environment like that and if we got raised in an environment like that, we will become like this. What do we do to get passport quickly in India ? Or Drivers licence Or Marriage Certificate. ? Broker. This is what employees are doing to get GCs. And these companies are playing brokers.
dolphin24 said:
By the way you ask any one in this forum about what they are going to tell about most of the AP companies ha ? I don't need to write effectively to point fraud people, world knows about it !!! And to your sentence "people from AP are more enterprising in IT and start companies", Everyone knows how enterprising they are and I don't need to send my credentials for a person like you who don't accept the facts and these companies are the ones who teaches what fraud is when we land in US
Dude you are smart. What I said is "Probably" people from AP are more enterprising in IT and start companies. You cleverly took out "Probably". YOu are the one who said most of these companies are owned by people from AP. I never cared. I know a company owned by tamilian (p.Samy) And I know a punjabi guy (Name M.Singh), a marathi guy (K.Kendre) and a mallu guy (R.Nair) - all of these do the same. Just that they are not caught (Yet).
What you said may be facts. But these are facts about any desi company. But saying that companies from AP is prejudiced. There is a difference.
If you do not want to send me directly, choose a mediator of your choice from this forum. :D

dude,

I said "It looks most of these people are from Andhra Pradesh" ,Ofcourse i will stand by you that those mentioned people by you should get caught and even i know many companies who are owned by different people who don't do such kind of fraud business.

And i don't really give a shit if you don't like whatever i said, One has all the rights to express whatever they have faced here in US, As i told you that i was suffered from one such company who's owners are from AP and i know so many people who suffered from these companies owned by AP people. You should ask any one who is living in NJ area that how these people behave with their employees.

By the way i don't have any business with you and i don't need any moderator to express my problems and all i want to others to learn from these companies.

DP

Yes, you do have right to express your ideas. So do I. But when you call a group of people (Ethnic group) names, it is a defamation. Please be aware that you can be sued for defamation in this country.

dolphin24 said:
dude,

I said "It looks most of these people are from Andhra Pradesh" ,Ofcourse i will stand by you that those mentioned people by you should get caught and even i know many companies who are owned by different people who don't do such kind of fraud business.

And i don't really give a shit if you don't like whatever i said, One has all the rights to express whatever they have faced here in US, As i told you that i was suffered from one such company who's owners are from AP and i know so many people who suffered from these companies owned by AP people. You should ask any one who is living in NJ area that how these people behave with their employees.

By the way i don't have any business with you and i don't need any moderator to express my problems and all i want to others to learn from these companies.

DP

Dear Dolphin and 2naive

Both of you are generalising as far as your comments goes.
One is insinuating Andhraites are corrupt and the other all DESIS.
Just because one company tried to make money through unfair means , that doesnt make all Andhra ites and all Desis corrupt and unethical.
By the way I am Punjabi but am an Indian first and I take a stroing exception to your comments.
I have friends from all states in India and some even from Hyderabad and they certainly are not corrupt nor are using Fake degrees.
Also one of them said your frd was duped by Cyber Softek. Why did he use such means to get a Labor Certification or a GC.
By the way there is more corruption here in the US. It is just more blatantly open in countries like India.
What about enron Martha Stewart etc...they were cases of unfair practices.
So please dont single out Desis...
My Two cents worth.

I agree. Like I said, I was just playing a devil's advocate. Since Dolphin was singling out Andhrites, I said it is true with any one. And I gave examples of people from few different states.

Al_aos said:
Both of you are generalising as far as your comments goes.
One is insinuating Andhraites are corrupt and the other all DESIS.
Just because one company tried to make money through unfair means , that doesnt make all Andhra ites and all Desis corrupt and unethical.
By the way I am Punjabi but am an Indian first and I take a stroing exception to your comments.
I have friends from all states in India and some even from Hyderabad and they certainly are not corrupt nor are using Fake degrees.
Also one of them said your frd was duped by Cyber Softek. Why did he use such means to get a Labor Certification or a GC.
By the way there is more corruption here in the US. It is just more blatantly open in countries like India.
What about enron Martha Stewart etc...they were cases of unfair practices.
So please dont single out Desis...
My Two cents worth.

Guys, Is there a way to check if the company is genuine and established company. Is there website that i could use to check this. I think the problem lies on the US immigration dept since they haven't established proper immigration law and it takes long time to get GC. GC should be based on individual based and not on Employer sponsered based. US Federal law should come up with better immigration law and should have point sytem to issue
GC ( PR card) like other countries. Also these problems are happening because
most of the individual register their own company and wants to make money immediately after getting GC.

It is tough to answer. Even Amrican companies like Enron and Anderssen, which had big name and fame, turned out to be fraud. The way most of the Software consulting companies work is that they will employ you and place you and pay you from the money they get from client. And depends on how you look at it, it is fraud too. Because you join the company where you will get the GC fast(er). I work for an american firm (big), but when I first took the offer one of my conditions was that they should start my LC with in three months. So lot of people here who were saying that joining a company for GC is fraud - this happens with American companies too.
Problem always comes when people over use these kind of loop holes. And most of the companies do overuse. Becuase they need more employees to make more money. And since us the employees do not normally question these people (because we want GC process to go smoothly), we are normally abused.

Best thing is to rely on some one you know very well. LIke best friends or family. But one thing though, for some people companies may be good but for others the same companies seem bad.

jraghavan said:
Guys, Is there a way to check if the company is genuine and established company. Is there website that i could use to check this. I think the problem lies on the US immigration dept since they haven't established proper immigration law and it takes long time to get GC. GC should be based on individual based and not on Employer sponsered based. US Federal law should come up with better immigration law and should have point sytem to issue
GC ( PR card) like other countries. Also these problems are happening because
most of the individual register their own company and wants to make money immediately after getting GC.

dolphin24 said:
My two cents on this,

It looks most of these people are from Andhra Pradesh(GULTI'S) who don't know how to speak eeennnllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiissssssssshhhhh, And most of them comes to USA by fraud degree certificates and continue their fraud culture after they land here.

You can never grow, can you? You got enlightened and smart enough to make a general statement defaming certain ethinc group? Shame on you, who so ever u are. Come out of the slave attitude and stop deriving pleasure by pointing fingers. When you put the whole AP in one basket and comment, don't forget that these goras will put whole India in a basket and do the same. I wonder how it makes you feel.Please think before making such nasty uncalled for comments against any group.

dolphin24 said:
Infact i was one of the victim of such company in 2000 which closed down in 2001, And sadly one of my close friend was an victim of this company(Cybersoftec), I would advice people should aware of these companies and also should think twice before joining any companies which has a base in Andhrapradesh.

If USCIS stats digging into these kind of companies, More fraud cases will come out.

DP

You were vicitmized by a company, because you PAID to them without proper judgement, then you shouldn't be blaming anyone, except for you. It only suggests that you are not qualified enough to get what you want on your own and bribed someone to help you out. OR you have no established credibility and try buying stuff from the grey market, just like you did with one SUCH company.

All that I can say is SHAME ON YOU to attack your fellow Indians, just because a few amongst them turned out to be axxholes.

Be proud to be an andhraite

I allways think that you got to be proud to be an andhraite, same proud ness associated with Punjabis and tamilians, and Mallu's...why fight...all indians should be proud of one another....Great Nation, Great Culture, Great People...
Mera Barath Mahan!!

Indians and India has a lot to be proud of.
Countries around the world have been Industrialised , made machines and what did India make , he made men with Brains .
We are selling Brains and itelligence and services to the rest of the world. The best brains in the world.
It is not that Indians have more IQ than the rest of the world but we trains our brains better .
China is manufacturing HUB of the world India is the technical HUB.
Guesss who run those machines .....Brains.
and it is not just andhraites or keralites or Gujratis , It is the INDIANS who have contributed to that success.
Out of a Billion men and women there have to be a few who would be assholes or corrupt . So going by that Statistic . India didnt fare too badly.

It is you who are the face to your country. If you respect your country the world will too. If you put down your conry or aprticular section the world will put down the whole country.

An example come to my mind. MY wife employers a School , managed by the Director ( PHD from Yale) asked my wife so India is in ASIA. " I always thought ASIA was the orient.I didnt know that."
Such is the intelligence of general people here..and if you call names to your own folk they would follow without comprehending what you are trying to say.