Im outside the USm how can I get My son's Birth certificate !!!

Perle

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys !

I'm a mother of a USC, 1 year old and I'm outside the USA with an expired conditional green card as I mentioned in another post.
I will need a birth certificate to join it with the form I-751 that I will file it with a waiver and I have to join it with it,
Please how can I get my son's birth certificate, knowing that I don't have his passport with me. or any other document for him.

Thank you !!

For the I-751 you only need a copy of his birth certificate, not the original. You only need the original for the interview (if there is an interview). So if you gave a copy to a relative or insurance company or employer, you might be able to obtain a copy from them.

If that isn't possible, contact the government agency that issued his birth certificate and find out if and how you can obtain a copy (if they'll only deliver to a US address, think of an address where it's safe to send it). Or if you have a close relative such as a parent in the US, they might be able to pick up his birth certificate directly.

If after trying everything you still can't get a copy of his birth certificate, send the I-751 without it. It helps to have it, but it's not an absolutely required document, and you can submit it later during the I-751 process. The main priority right now is to have proof that you filed I-751 so you can get a transportation letter to return to the US.