I'm on a TN - Want to go visit Montreal

Carmen123

Registered Users (C)
I'm on a TN - I would like to go visit Montreal , my GC process is on its way, EB3 waiting on I-140. Is there any risks of running into issues on my way back home in Florida?

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem. TN's are not revoked for approbved I-140, let alone I-140 that has not been approved.

Only caveat is if you have concurrently filed I-485. If this is the case you MUST remain in US until your I-765/I-131 (EAD/AP), or you will be denied entry.

I do want to visit my country of origin in South America. The airline will remove the I-94 if they find it stapled in my passport. I never stapled it because the one I have was issued by USCIS, it's inside the passport, just loose not stapled. Options:

1) when traveling south remove the I-94, when coming back in 'the airline didn't take it' - this is true cause it was not there in the first place. Any issues with this?
2) staple the damn i-94 in the passport and allow the evil airline to remove it and keep a photocopy to myself for my way back in. I should be alright and they should should issue another one without asking for all ridiculous paperwork for issuing another TN, right?

PS. The company told me that for personal international travel I'm on my own, and they didn't switch me to an h1b since my position (CSA) does not require international travelling for the business.

What do you think? about points 1 and 2 the PS was just informational I think the same you do about that.

Carry your I-94 number -- if it is not already in your passport -- it this such a difficult concept?

The only time I've been outside US since I'm working here was to Montreal once and they didn't retrieve the I-94 so it's easier.

I feel safer keeping separate from my passport the I-94 and presenting it on my way back - could this cause any issue?

Some questins are legit, and some are from overworry. You already know the answer -- by having read countless posts on this subject./

The purpose of the forum is to post answers for everyone to read, not merely ignore and ask again.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't you already have a GC? what are you doing in this forum then??
Why is it relevant as to whether or not he has a green card?

If he has knowledge that he can share, and the willingness to help, then his US immigration status has no bearing on the validity of his reply, or whether he should be on this forum or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
You both have GC right now. It's been mentioned in this forum that they are invalidating (by mistake) i-94, going to the nafta countries (Mexico or Canada) or outside NorthAmerica, and that they ask for all documentation to issue a new one. THAT is the reason I POSTED this question. Right now things are not like they were last year or years before.

Thanks for your collaboration.

Have a wonderful day :)