• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Im now a LRP (yay) -and i love America, but i am scared i cant make 300k PA like i am in europe :(

bentlebee you rock this forum

;):)Thanks...but seriously I want to know how you can have 2 car's (which brands and what year) and 2 drivers (how old and male or female) and being ins. for $ 400.-....

Maybe with Geico :p:eek: and not having uninsured drivers ins..., the lowest coverage possible, and hardly any milage...

Well let me tell you..if you manage to hae it all for $ 400.- I advise you to only drivewhen hardly any one is on the road, because if ever you get in an accident over here....you are screwed....or hopefully it is a scratch.

2 of my family members where in a car accident this month (actually next week) 3 years ago and next week there will be a deposition....

It can take years and a lot of issues....

;):)Thanks...but seriously I want to know how you can have 2 car's (which brands and what year) and 2 drivers (how old and male or female) and being ins. for $ 400.-....
Well, it is never too late to learn, so here you go: '98 Chevy Tahoe and '01 Chevy Malibu, me and my wife, age is between 30 and 40. I have a few discounts (clean records, no accidents, state employee, garage kept, alarm installed, house insured through the same company, etc.) Both cars are driven 10 to 12 kmiles a year, and not for business. I make a full payment every six months, and it is $218. Of course, there is no deductible, just liability.

Maybe with Geico
Geico is way overpriced. I am with Safeco.

I advise you to only drivewhen hardly any one is on the road, because if ever you get in an accident over here....you are screwed....or hopefully it is a scratch.
That will not work for me, because I usually sleep when the roads are empty. And when I drive, there is quite enough traffic around. Once in a while I make trips in two-three hundred miles range. As for the accidents, I never had one, but no matter what happenes, my liability is covered, and if my car is damaged, I'll fix it myself. But if you take this issue so seriously, you may want to try some driving school or defence driving class?

Well, it is never too late to learn, so here you go: '98 Chevy Tahoe and '01 Chevy Malibu, me and my wife, age is between 30 and 40. I have a few discounts (clean records, no accidents, state employee, garage kept, alarm installed, house insured through the same company, etc.) Both cars are driven 10 to 12 kmiles a year, and not for business. I make a full payment every six months, and it is $218. Of course, there is no deductible, just liability.

Geico is way overpriced. I am with Safeco.

That will not work for me, because I usually sleep when the roads are empty. And when I drive, there is quite enough traffic around. Once in a while I make trips in two-three hundred miles range. As for the accidents, I never had one, but no matter what happenes, my liability is covered, and if my car is damaged, I'll fix it myself. But if you take this issue so seriously, you may want to try some driving school or defence driving class?

I don't need driving school...thanks, I have a clean record:)

You didn't mention your coverage which is the most important thing in the USA if you have medical ins., 100-300K or 500- 1 million is a huge difference and for this amount you probably have the lowest and o uninsured coverage which makes it looks you have a nice premium until you get hit...G-d forbid...

With car ins. you have to be careful to compare apples with ... and I know Geico is expensive but they make it sound cheap because they don't tell you that for the cheap amount they offer hardly anything is covered...unless you start to ask for the smart things you need in the US...and than they are always more expensive.

Still I have a hard time believing your amount unless you post the premium coverage, because even with a clean record we pay more and do have some deductibles and just changed to what is now the cheapest we could find with very good coverage which you need in case of an accident...btw the accident I spoke about was not our fault...:)

The premium payments is just one part...the most important part is what is covered and without unins. coverage I know it is much cheaper but you are screwed in case....

thank god someone has figure out that the GEICO IS A SCAM .
just to respond to forum members who send me emails asking about some particular advice -
1 AVOID OPENING CREDIT ACCOUNTS - AVOID BANK OF AMERICA FOR SHURE - THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM ARTIST AROUND - BE CAREFUL ESPECIALY WHEN OPENING NEW ACCOUNT - YOU WILL GET OVERDRAFT OPTION WITH IT (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL - THEY WILL GIVE IT TO YOU )- NOW THEY HAVE PROGRAM WHICH MONITORS YOUR SAVINGS TRESHOLD - IN REALITY LOOKS LIKE THIS - AS SOON AS YOU HAVE SAY LESS THEN 100 DOLLARS ON your ACCOUNT THEY FLAG YOUR ACCOUNT - AFTER THAT THEY SET YOU UP LIKE THIS : THEY SLOWER PROCESS OF CHARGING YOUR DEBIT CARD SAY FOR 4 WORKING DAYS -WHICH SHOWS FALSE BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT -YOUR BILLS ARE NOT SHOWN CORRECTLY BUT WITH DELAYS OF FEW DAYS -
-BASICLY THINKING THAT YOU HAVE MORE MONEY ON YOUR ACCOUNT YOU WILL SPEND SOME MORE -
THEN THEY TRIGGER CHARGES GOING BACK 4 EVEN UP TO 7 DAYS OLD !! AND INSTANTLY YOU ARE IN THE ''RED'' - NOW EVERY DAY OF LATE OVERDRAFT FEES IS 35 DOLLARS !!! - THEY WON'T SEND NOTICE ABOUT THIS EVEN IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR SAY SMS OR E MAIL ALERTS !!! BASICLY MAYBE AFTER 6-10 WORKING DAYS THEY WILL SEND YOU REGULAR MAIL IN THE POST !!! SAYING YOU OWE THEM 350 OR MORE DOLLARS .END OF THE STORY
NOW THAT IS THE BIG INDUSTRY HERE IN THE USA - BANKS STEAL FROM THE CLIENTS 30 BILLION DOLLARS IN OVERDRAFT FEES EVERY YEAR - AND MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE AFFECTED ARE POOR OR RECENT IMMIGRANTS
YOU SEE BANKS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE NOT HERE TO PROVIDE SERVICE FOR YOU BUT TO MAKE MONEY AND EXCESSSIVE PROFIT REGARDELSS OF THE NORMS OF THE SOCIETY -THEY ARE ORGANISED CRIME SYNDICATE WITH STATE LICENCE TO STEAL -BEAR THAT IN MIND - THEY ARE AFTER YOU MONEY AND TEND TO CLEAN YOU OUT FIRST CHANCE THEY HAVE
SO MY ADVICE IS : KEEP CASH OR EVEN BETTER KEEP MONEY IN FOREIGN BANKS WHICH ARE UNDER STRONG RESPECTIVE STATE SCRUTINY OR REGULATION
DO NOT KEEP YOUR MONEY IN THE USA BANKS UNDER NO CONDITIONS - MAYBE SOME SMALL AMMOUNTS FOR SAY DAY TO DAY LIVING EXPENSE AND OPERATIONS BUT NOT TOO MUCH

Last edited by a moderator:
thank god someone has figure out that the GEICO IS A SCAM .
just to respond to forum members who send me emails asking about some particular advice -
1 AVOID OPENING CREDIT ACCOUNTS - AVOID BANK OF AMERICA FOR SHURE - THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM ARTIST AROUND - BE CAREFUL ESPECIALY WHEN OPENING NEW ACCOUNT - YOU WILL GET OVERDRAFT OPTION WITH IT (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL - THEY WILL GIVE IT TO YOU )- NOW THEY HAVE PROGRAM WHICH MONITORS YOUR SAVINGS TRESHOLD - IN REALITY LOOKS LIKE THIS - AS SOON AS YOU HAVE SAY LESS THEN 100 DOLLARS ON your ACCOUNT THEY FLAG YOUR ACCOUNT - AFTER THAT THEY SET YOU UP LIKE THIS : THEY SLOWER PROCESS OF CHARGING YOUR DEBIT CARD SAY FOR 4 WORKING DAYS -WHICH SHOWS FALSE BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT -YOUR BILLS ARE NOT SHOWN CORRECTLY BUT WITH DELAYS OF FEW DAYS -
-BASICLY THINKING THAT YOU HAVE MORE MONEY ON YOUR ACCOUNT YOU WILL SPEND SOME MORE -
THEN THEY TRIGGER CHARGES GOING BACK 4 EVEN UP TO 7 DAYS OLD !! AND INSTANTLY YOU ARE IN THE ''RED'' - NOW EVERY DAY OF LATE OVERDRAFT FEES IS 35 DOLLARS !!! - THEY WON'T SEND NOTICE ABOUT THIS EVEN IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR SAY SMS OR E MAIL ALERTS !!! BASICLY MAYBE AFTER 6-10 WORKING DAYS THEY WILL SEND YOU REGULAR MAIL IN THE POST !!! SAYING YOU OWE THEM 350 OR MORE DOLLARS .END OF THE STORY
NOW THAT IS THE BIG INDUSTRY HERE IN THE USA - BANKS STEAL FROM THE CLIENTS 30 BILLION DOLLARS IN OVERDRAFT FEES EVERY YEAR - AND MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE AFFECTED ARE POOR OR RECENT IMMIGRANTS
YOU SEE BANKS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE NOT HERE TO PROVIDE SERVICE FOR YOU BUT TO MAKE MONEY AND EXCESSSIVE PROFIT REGARDELSS OF THE NORMS OF THE SOCIETY -THEY ARE ORGANISED CRIME SYNDICATE WITH STATE LICENCE TO STEAL -BEAR THAT IN MIND - THEY ARE AFTER YOU MONEY AND TEND TO CLEAN YOU OUT FIRST CHANCE THEY HAVE
SO MY ADVICE IS : KEEP CASH OR EVEN BETTER KEEP MONEY IN FOREIGN BANKS WHICH ARE UNDER STRONG RESPECTIVE STATE SCRUTINY OR REGULATION
DO NOT KEEP YOUR MONEY IN THE USA BANKS UNDER NO CONDITIONS - MAYBE SOME SMALL AMMOUNTS FOR SAY DAY TO DAY LIVING EXPENSE AND OPERATIONS BUT NOT TOO MUCH

I have Bank of America (BoA) and I agree with most of what you write...Most banks do charge (it isn't just BoA)the same crazy over draft fees...I dealt with it after a wrongful debit amount taken out of my acount which was corrected by the BoA manager :), incl. the over draft fees returned....I was charged 4 over draft fees of $ 29.- a piece at the time (6 yrs ago) one for buying donuts at Walmart ($ 2.50, and $ 29.- overdraft)...getting gas ($ 16.- + $ 29 over draft), etc...all for just one day, because the bank will be so nice to pay off a big check and than for every amount you use later they charge you for every payment...if they had paid the lower amounts first i would have gotten just 1 over draft fee instead of 4! Luckily I had proof and everything was corrected but due to that i found out how the banks work over here.

If you get a credit card you will have a limit on it, but don't forget your credit card won't be denied if you go a little over that amount, no the bank feels sorry for you and allows you to do so and will charge you interest (very high amount) per day and over draft fee for that so check your self for that. During the time that I had a secured credit card which everybody with no credit history will start out to have...has to be careful and inform them self how the bank and the credit card in use will be charged. All my cards were from BoA and one had a limit that would reset the minute I paid off my card, so even if i paid it off within a day i had the total amount available, while a business card I had didn't reset although the full amount was paid off, but only was reset the next billing cycle...
I found out the hard way but was given back all the charges (over limit charges)...banks love to charge extra but if you call they will take them off, if you don't succeed don't get mad, hang up call again and when you get another person on the phone try again and if you still not succeed ask for the supervisor:)

someone has send me an e mail regarding house hunting and buying property in the USA in this time of the crisis -I did answer something regarding that elswhere but here I'm gonna elaborate little bit more the whole subject
IN THE USA YOU PAY PROPERTY TAX - NOW YOU MIGHT THINK OK NO PROBLEM BUT - YES ITS A BIG PROBLEM SINCE YOUR TAX IS AROUND 10% OF THE FACE VALUE OF THE PROPERTY -APRAISED BY TAX OFFICE - so you can buy say house on foreclosure for 50 000 dollars but TAX OFFICE SAYS YOU HAVE TO PAY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN PROPERT TAXES EVERY MONTH because ALL THE OTHER HOUSES IN THE 'HOOD ARE BEEN BOUGHT AND SOLD FOR SAY 600 000 DOLLARS ON AVERAGE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS !! so basicly you paying a rent on your property!!! - that is ''speciality '' fo this country - you pay once then you pay some more ... and more ... and then some more ....''and then you die ''
TAX ON PROPERTY CAN GO UP TO 20% !!!! OH YES - so basicly in period of say 10 YEARS YOU CAN BUY ANOTHER HOUSE FROM THE MONEY YOU PAID FOR TAX ON YOUR FIRST house !!!
NOW ..A LOT WAS SAID ABOUT HOUSES AND QUALITY OF HOUSING IN THE USA - well in the USA THEY HAVE SUB STANDARD FAST BUILT HOUSES ON A CHEAP SO YOU WILL END UP FIXING IT ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND !!- YEP THAT IS - SINCE ALL THE HOUSES ARE BUILT FROM WOOD EXPECT TO BATLE MOLD AND TERMITES CONSTANTLY - bad plumbing and heating not to mentioned -that alone could drain you budget and deplite your savings for thousands of dollars in one go - expect to invest at least 40 000-50 000 dollars in NEWLY BOUGHT HOUSE just so you can actualy live in it - now if you paid 50 000 dollars for it at the first place I guess its OK but if you are IDIOT WHO PAID SAY 400 000 DOLLARS FOR SUCH WRECK OF A HOUSE to put up another 50 000 dollars in house works is just bit too much .
NOW IN THE USA IF YOU MISS PAYING PROPERTY TAX FOR 3 MONTHS YOUR HOUSE GOES FOR SALE - BASICLY LOCAL SHERIFF COMES ALONG AND KICKS YOU OUT WITH ALL OF YOUR POSSESIONS (OR CHILDREN OR IF YOUR DISABLED WITH YOUR WHEELCHAIR) ON THE STREET (THEY MIGHT EVEN ARREST YOU LATER ON IF YOU TRY TO SLEEP ON ''YOUR '' PORCH FOR LOITERING -IT HAPENS )
SO IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY HOUSE IN THE USA ....I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU .... EXCEPT GOOD LUCK TO YOU
OH YES -IN THE USA THEY DO NOT HAVE 100% INSURANCE COVERAGE ON HOMES !!! SO IF YOU HAVE A FIRE OR FLOOD ....DUDE YOU ARE TOAST

bmx88, why oh why in the world do you keep talking crap? You make it sound as if once a person gets in the USA they lose their freedom and they lose their life. Of course if you do not pay taxes you will run into trouble, but not as exageratly fast as you put and before something like that there will be options to sort things out. And you dont pay in property tax as much as you make it sound!

The USA has a population of 304 million estimated as 2008. With at least 11 million illegal immigrants and many more milions trying each year to come in. Over 10 million apply for the DV each year and growing, and several more million try to get in via other visas. If things were so bleak as you paint one would see the opposite tendency, people would want to leave and go to countries where things are better.

According to your sayings it is better in the UK or in Europe, so why don't you just leave? Have you been made a prisoner? Are you in jail? You know so much about not paying taxes and other crimes, have you run into trouble, have you become a criminal so you have experienced all the bad things that can happen?

Of course, if you dont pay taxes, or you do anything else that can be a crime you will have authorities come hard on you, but the big difference is that if you run into troubles because you did something wrong, you still have options and there is respect of your rights even if you are a criminal. In other countries you would be just shot.

JC

bmx88, why oh why in the world do you keep talking crap? You make it sound as if once a person gets in the USA they lose their freedom and they lose their life. Of course if you do not pay taxes you will run into trouble, but not as exageratly fast as you put and before something like that there will be options to sort things out. And you dont pay in property tax as much as you make it sound!

The USA has a population of 304 million estimated as 2008. With at least 11 million illegal immigrants and many more milions trying each year to come in. Over 10 million apply for the DV each year and growing, and several more million try to get in via other visas. If things were so bleak as you paint one would see the opposite tendency, people would want to leave and go to countries where things are better.

According to your sayings it is better in the UK or in Europe, so why don't you just leave? Have you been made a prisoner? Are you in jail? You know so much about not paying taxes and other crimes, have you run into trouble, have you become a criminal so you have experienced all the bad things that can happen?

Of course, if you dont pay taxes, or you do anything else that can be a crime you will have authorities come hard on you, but the big difference is that if you run into troubles because you did something wrong, you still have options and there is respect of your rights even if you are a criminal. In other countries you would be just shot.

JC

Depending on where you live in the USA the property taxes are really high. NY is sky high and many are leaving the State, the same is happening in Fl. even though home values went down, the property taxes didn't go down as much as the values if you compare it...this due to the local Counties raising their taxes...

I own more than one home so I pay a lot of property taxes but I bought them myself, so I'm not blaming any one...I'm mad that I pay 3 times for schools, etc...all these taxes that should be paid by others as well.

Hopefully they will lower the property taxes and raise sales tax so everybody who is buying stuff will tribute instead of just the Home owners...

Life is great in the USA but if this government keeps going what the are doing right now, sooner than later it will be the same as Europe...

actualy is vice versa - EUROPE was trying to MIMIC USA in one or more ways -FORUNATELY they could not implement all of the things from the USA - fortunately politicians who wanted more ''americanism' in EUROPE got swept out by this latest economic crisis which ORIGINATED AND WAS CREATED BY US OUTLOOK ON ECONOMY AND US WAY OF THINKING !!! IT WAS NOT EUROPEAN IDEAS AND PROGRAMMS CAUSED WORLD ECONOMIC MELTDOWN BUT RATHER OTHER WAY AROUND -THAT PRETTY MUCH PUT THE END ON ANY AMERICANIZATION OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMY AND SOCIETY FOR THE YEARS TO COME - EUROPE SIMPLY COULD NOT AFFORD TO LET SOME IDIOTS FROM CHICAGO SCHOL OF LIBERAL CAPITALISM TO EXPERIMENT IN LIVE HUMANS FOR THE SAKE OF EXCESIVE PROFITS
FINE CASE OF ALL THAT YOU CAN FIND IN ICELAND - TILL RECENTLY ICELAND WAS SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY WITH HIGHEST LIVING STANDARD IN THE WORLD WHICH WAS ABOUT DECADE AGO OVER TAKEN BY BUNCH OF ECONOMIST AND POLITICAL TECHNOCRATS EDUCATED IN THE USA - NOW THIS BUNCH OF IDIOTS DID WHAT THEY BEEN EDUCATED ON HARWARD SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS- AND WHAT THEY DID WAS TOTAL DESCTRUCTION OF THAT COUNTRY - ICELAND WENT FROM HIGHEST PER CAPITA INCOME IN THE WESTERN WORLD TO BANKRUPT COUNTRY IN THE MERE 7 years - basicly what they did is what they learn in the USA - they just destroyed everything -THEY WHEELD AND DEALT LIKE THEY ARE american corporation and not a country !!!! - some small group of people took a lot of money but the rest of the population was left with option to emigrate to NORWAY or SWEDEN - ICELAND had no choice but to ASK TO JOIN TO THE EU -so there you have fine example of AMERICAM style of doing things -SO THEY TURNED ICELAND IN DETROIT!!!
THANK GOD THAT THE EUROPE IS NOT TURNING TO BE LIKE USA
BY THE WAY MY PROPERTY TAX IN EUROPE IS AROUND 200 EUROS PER PROPERTY - YES ITS CORRECT !! ITS NOT A TYPO - OR IF YOU WILL 300 DOLLARS PER CALENDAR year
regarding subjects we covered - here IS something to compare US and EU
IN EU BANKS CAN NOT CHARGE FEES FOR OVERDARFT LIKE IN THE USA
YOU CAN NOT LOSE YOUR HOME IF YOU DO NOT PAY MORTGAGE ON TIME - your state (local or federal )would step in - TO KEEP YOU IN
PROPERTY TAX IS LOW OR does not even exists

about 20 years ago I was disapoInted to find out that one of EUROPEAN countries I admire the most (UK) was turning towards the USA for the sake of some I should say missplaced sentiment of world war II camaradie and special relations which came from the cold war era - even the so called ''NEW LABOUR '' with TONY BLAIR started to preach new gospel of economy modeled or molded to resemble USA and unfortunately of all the EUROPEAN countries UK got hit the most by crisis thanks to just that - trying to mimic everything which came acrosss the pond -NOW UK IS PAYING THE BIGGEST PRICE OF ALL OF THEM - BUT AT LEAST THEY FIGURE ONE THING - EU HAS NO ALTERNATIVE -USA IS JUST A RECKLESS ECONOMIC POWER PUTING EVERYTING ON THE ROLL OF THE DICE DESPERATE TO KEEP ITS WOLD POWER PRESTIGE BUT ITS FAILING MORE AND MORE AND ULTIMATE PRICE IS YET TO BE PAID IN MORE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS AND UN EMPLOYMENT ...MORE FINANCIAL DOWNTURNS ETC.......TO BE CONTINUED
-ALL THIS COMMENTS THAT USA WOULD TURN FOR THE WORSE IF IT
FOLLOWS EUROPE IN SOME ASPECTS OF ECONOMY OR SOCIAL POLITCS IS JUST PURE RUBBISH WHICH COME FROM USUALY UNEDUCATED OR MISSINFORMED INDIVIDUALS

In England a property valued at 150k Pounds pays 1844.60 pounds in council tax. The lowest for a property valued at 40k (very basic) would be 847.97. So 300 dollars for a property? I would ask what property you own?

You pay tax when you buy a house and when you sell a house and tax if you rent your property.

Banks can and do charge overdraft fees, and late fees, and whatever fees. It is now cheaper after a row 2 years ago (It used to be 30 pound per item). Just yesterday the supreme court ruled in favor of banks so it is expected they will go back to charge the high rate again as the court ruled nobody can control what the banks charge.

You cannot lose your house? Tell that to the average 50,000 owners whose house is repossesed each year in the UK. Oh, btw, if your house goes into foreclosure and is repo you pay taxes again!

JC

well not in my country -i DO NOT LIVE IN THE UK -I USED TO BUT NOT ANYMORE - UK took way too much stuff from the US in terms of those BANKING LOOPHOLES -THATS WHY UK IS PAYING THE HIGHEST PRICE IN EUROPE IN THIS SO CALLED''WORLD ECONOMIC CRISIS ''- ALL THAT STUFF WHAT YOU MENTIONED IS DIRECT PRODUCT OF ''AMERICANIZATION'' OF THE BANKING SECTOR AND IN GENERAL HOW THE COUNTRY IS RUN - UK BLINDLY USED AMERICAN MODELS OF STATE FINANCING AND JUST PLANTED IT IN THE UK - RESULT IS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE- I MENTIONED THE CASE OF ICELAND AS REALY FINE EXAMPLE OF SUCH IDIOTIC POLICY BEIGN ''FOLLOWED TO A T''- UK has a bigger industry and fortunately has some smart people so its not gone all the way like US but even this much has created havoc in the financial sectors in the UK and shook the very foundation of the society
You mentioned 50 000 people loosing homes to foreclosures every year IN THE UK - well UK has population of 60 millions (rough count)- USA has population which is 5 TIMES BIGGER (ARUOUND 300 MILLIONS ) but in the USA around 8 000 000 HOMES ARE GONE ON FORECLOSURES IN THE LAST 2 YEARS -that would be 4 000 000 per year so I think UK is doing better job to keep homeowners inside their property than USA
ABOUT THE COUNCIL TAX - AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER NOT EVEY COUNCIL TAX IS THE SAME NOR THE AMOUNT IS THAT HIGH FOR EVERY HOUSE -FRIEND OF MINE WAS PAYING AROUND 600 POUNDS FOR A HOUSE IN KILBURN (NORTH LONDON )IN TAXES -PER YEAR -GRANTED NOTHING FANCY - 2 BED ATTACHED BUT 600 POUNDS IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY LOWER THAN 15 000 DOLLARS IN PROPERTY TAX THAT MY EX IS PAYING IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR THE HOUSE OF SAME SIZE -

o yeah you gonna love this even more - I actualy bought my flat for about 15 POUNDS - flat of 65 SQUARE METERS -yes FIFTEEN POUNDS in 1994- gov. in my country decided they gona sell off council flats for the amount CURRENT tenats had on their bank accounts- WELL I HAD 50 GERMAN MARKS in my savings account at the time (I was a student back then )-AT THAT TIME IT WAS ABOUT 15 GBP SO THATS HOW I GOT IT - TODAY ITS VALUED AT 120 000 EUROS - if I get simmilar deal from the US gov. I let you know (don't lose sleep over it )- my property tax on that flat is 150 EUROS PER YEAR- BEAT THAT-
AT ANY RATE NO COUNCIL TAX OR ANY PROPERTY TAX IN EUROPE (IN ANY EU COUNTRY AT LEAST )COMES EVEN CLOSE TO AMOUNT THAT HOME OWNERS PAY FOR PROPERTY TAXES IN THE USA
AMERICANS WITH MONEY ARE BUYING PROPERTIES IN AUSTRALIA,ITALY AND ESPECIALY FRANCE ETC FOR DECADES FOR THAT REASON -THEY ARE NOT CRAZY TO ARGUE ON SOME FORUMS IF THE PROPERTY TAXES ARE HIGH OR LOW IN THE US - THEY KNOW THEY ARE HIGH !!!-THATS WHY THEY GO SOMWHERE ELSE TO BUY SECOND HOMES OR INVESTMENT PROPERTIES - THERE IS NO FINANCIAL ADVISER IN THE USA WHO WILL ADVISE SOMEONE WITH SAY A MILLION DOLLARS TO BUY A SECOND HOUSE IN THE USA ..ITS JUST CRAZY

just to conclude this subject -
FOR ALL OF THOSE NEW IMMIGRANTS ON THIS FORUM WHO ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A HOUSE IN THE USA ONE DAY -
IN THIS COUNTRY YOU PAY!! -YES! - YOU PAY!! FOR PRIVILEGE TO HAVE YOUR OWN HOUSE -EVEN WHEN YOUR HOUSE IS PAID IN FULL YOU CONTINUE TO PAY FOR IT TILL YOU DIE OR RUN OUT OF MONEY -AND ALSO REMEMBER THIS :YOU CAN LOSE IT AT ANY TIME !!!

ok next subject - ''freedom'' in usa-
Well freedom is a relative term
if you are from some country with opressive politica system then maybe US will be liberating somehow but ....BUT and thats the big BUT..
US is actualy pretty closed society in that regard- here actully you do not have that much liberty or freedom that you think
your freedom is limited by your social strata or race or MONEY -
HERE PEOPLE WITH MOST FREEDOM ARE PEOPLE WITH MONEY -PERIOD!! NO DISCUSION ABOUT THAT
SO SOMEONE SAYING HE LIKES LIVING IN THE USA BACAUSE OF ITS FREEDOMS AND DOE'S NOT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY AND HOW MUCH HE IS GONNA MAKE HERE ITS JUST SOME IDIOT WHO ESCAPED FROM SOME ASYLUM FOR CRAZY PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF LOBOTOMY OPERATION
-I.E. IF SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU - YOU WOULD KNOW HE IS :
a. CRAZY
b.NOT YOUR FRIEND
c.DELUSIONAL IDIOT
d.GUY YOU SHOULD AVOID AT ANY COSTS
c.LIAR AND THE CHEAT

SO PLEASE IF YOU MEET SOMEONE LIKE THAT REPORT HIM TO IMMIGRATION SO HE CAN BE DEPORTED FOR ''UN-AMERICAN ATTITUDE''