• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I'm not getting the "Auto Reply" upon emailing KCC anymore?

Schway

Hello,

I have recently contacted KCC through email because I wanted to unlock my DS260, after submitting, 2 days later I emailed them again because turns out I left some info that I wanted to add, but when I sent my email there was no "Auto Reply" from their email as I used to get.
They used to typically respond to me in a matter of 1-2 business days, now it has been 4 days without any response.

After waiting for these 4 days, I contacted them from another email and immediately got the "Auto Reply" they send. The email I sent also inquired about this issue but I am still waiting for their response.
I haven't sent KCC many emails like I see other people do so them blacklisting my email is weird "if that was the case".

What do you think is wrong with the auto reply not being sent to my primary email?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have recently contacted KCC through email because I wanted to unlock my DS260, after submitting, 2 days later I emailed them again because turns out I left some info that I wanted to add, but when I sent my email there was no "Auto Reply" from their email as I used to get.
They used to typically respond to me in a matter of 1-2 business days, now it has been 4 days without any response.

After waiting for these 4 days, I contacted them from another email and immediately got the "Auto Reply" they send. The email I sent also inquired about this issue but I am still waiting for their response.
I haven't sent KCC many emails like I see other people do so them blacklisting my email is weird "if that was the case".

What do you think is wrong with the auto reply not being sent to my primary email?

Thanks in advance.
It's possible there's a technical issue causing the auto-reply not to be sent to your primary email. You've taken the right step by reaching out from another email and inquiring about the issue. It's best to await their response from the alternate email and continue monitoring for updates. If you don't hear back within a reasonable timeframe, consider following up again or exploring alternative communication channels. Hope it helps!

It's possible there's a technical issue causing the auto-reply not to be sent to your primary email. You've taken the right step by reaching out from another email and inquiring about the issue. It's best to await their response from the alternate email and continue monitoring for updates. If you don't hear back within a reasonable timeframe, consider following up again or exploring alternative communication channels. Hope it helps!
Thanks for your response.

Upon checking with many selectees of DV 2024 from my country, it seems like I'm the only one facing this issue.
After contacting KCC regarding this matter, from different email addresses over a span of a whole week now, there is no response whatsoever.

Tried calling their phone number today but I get an automated answering machine telling me "they're not able to take calls at this time and that I should email kccdv@state.gov".

What course should I take?
And why is this even happening?

Thanks for your response.

Upon checking with many selectees of DV 2024 from my country, it seems like I'm the only one facing this issue.
After contacting KCC regarding this matter, from different email addresses over a span of a whole week now, there is no response whatsoever.

Tried calling their phone number today but I get an automated answering machine telling me "they're not able to take calls at this time and that I should email kccdv@state.gov".

What course should I take?
And why is this even happening?
It's concerning that despite reaching out multiple times over the course of a week, you haven't received any response. Given the lack of success with both email and phone, it might be worth exploring other avenues to reach them. Is there a consulate or embassy in your country that might be able to assist or provide guidance? Sometimes they can help escalate inquiries or offer alternative contact methods.

As for why this might be happening, it's difficult to say without more information. It could be a technical issue on their end, a backlog of inquiries, or even just a high volume of requests due to the DV 2024 process. Regardless, it's important to persist in trying to reach them, and exploring alternative channels might be your best bet at this point.

It's concerning that despite reaching out multiple times over the course of a week, you haven't received any response. Given the lack of success with both email and phone, it might be worth exploring other avenues to reach them. Is there a consulate or embassy in your country that might be able to assist or provide guidance? Sometimes they can help escalate inquiries or offer alternative contact methods.

As for why this might be happening, it's difficult to say without more information. It could be a technical issue on their end, a backlog of inquiries, or even just a high volume of requests due to the DV 2024 process. Regardless, it's important to persist in trying to reach them, and exploring alternative channels might be your best bet at this point.
The more concerning thing is that, when I try using another email address to contact them, I get a response "if I do not provide my case information, once I do that, I never get any response back!".

I do not think it's a technical issue, as it only happens when my case info gets provided, regardless of which email address I use.

I am on a short-term stay in KSA and tried contacting Riyadh embassy but they haven't responded. I'll try contacting the US consulate of Jeddah (nearest city to me) and I hope they respond.

So what is the big deal with getting or not the auto response? Why are you stressing over that or is there another specific issue you need help with?

KCC no longer take phone calls. Embassies do not contact KCC on behalf of a selectee as they do not know anything about the selectee until the selectee gets assigned to them and they receive the case file from KCC for the interview.

So what is the big deal with getting or not the auto response? Why are you stressing over that or is there another specific issue you need help with?

KCC no longer take phone calls. Embassies do not contact KCC on behalf of a selectee as they do not know anything about the selectee until the selectee gets assigned to them and they receive the case file from KCC for the interview.
The title doesn’t reflect the whole issue.
It’s not just about the auto response, I don’t get any response whatsoever from any email address I use to contact KCC if I mention my case number.
They just get totally ignored. How do I know this? I tried sending emails and act as if I forgot to mention my case no., those get KCC response but when I send a proper email requesting to unlock my ds260 or anything and put my case info, that email goes and never gets back to me.

I have been requesting to unlock my DS260 since Feb. 6 now but only getting ghosted by KCC.
This is the issue.

So here’s the thing with KCC - AFAIK, they tend to respond to genuine requests within a couple of days. KCC is understaffed, so if you’ve been constantly bugging them to unlock your DS260 in order to address every minor correction you come across after the initial submission, I wouldn’t be surprised if they no longer bother to respond to you. The same number of staff responsible for scheduling interviews are also responsible for processing the DS260 forms, in addition to responding to hundreds of email messages on a daily basis. This is why we usually encourage folks to carefully review the form before submitting, and if there’s a need to unlock, this should be done for major reasons such as needing to request for a change of address in order to change the interview location; adding a new eligible derivative; updating marital status; listing educational institutions (if not completely listed as required initially); amongst a few.

The response you stated you get when you contact them without including your CN is really not quite a response to whatever the query is, I believe that tends to be a boiler plate response informing you of the need to include your full details including the CN when emailing them. It seems to me from your previous posts, you’ve had your form unlocked a couple of times in the past. So the question is, what precisely are you trying to update on your form this time around?

So here’s the thing with KCC - AFAIK, they tend to respond to genuine requests within a couple of days. KCC is understaffed, so if you’ve been constantly bugging them to unlock your DS260 in order to address every minor correction you come across after the initial submission, I wouldn’t be surprised if they no longer bother to respond to you. The same number of staff responsible for scheduling interviews are also responsible for processing the DS260 forms, in addition to responding to hundreds of email messages on a daily basis. This is why we usually encourage folks to carefully review the form before submitting, and if there’s a need to unlock, this should be done for major reasons such as needing to request for a change of address in order to change the interview location; adding a new eligible derivative; updating marital status; listing educational institutions (if not completely listed as required initially); amongst a few.

The response you stated you get when you contact them without including your CN is really not quite a response to whatever the query is, I believe that tends to be a boiler plate response informing you of the need to include your full details including the CN when emailing them. It seems to me from your previous posts, you’ve had your form unlocked a couple of times in the past. So the question is, what precisely are you trying to update on your form this time around?
I was able to contact KCC through the phone "once" and they said my account was flagged by their security system because I contacted them using an email that wasn't registered in my DS260 then afterwards I added a spouse "which made them suspicious about the whole thing hence flagging my account and this is why I haven't been able to hear from them ever since".

After explaining everything on why were they contacted from a different email, they told me they've written notes to their security team and that it's gonna be fixed soon.

This call was on March 7. Gonna update the post with everything that happens in case someone faces a similar situation someday in the future.