IL Canceled Why? Can any one tell

meek1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My wife has I/D 03/26/2007 but today 02/21/2007 i received letter that
'due to unforseen circumstances Interview is canceled,We will notify you for next interview date'

Can any one tell why this happen?
How much time it will take to receive new Interview.

PD 06/01/06
FP 07/11/06
IL Received 01/20/2006
IL date 03/26/2006
IL cancled 02/21/2006
IL 2: ?????????????

thanks,

Descheduling sucks!

There are a few reasons that I know of for "descheduling" an interview...

1. Her paperwork was misrouted. When they schedule an interview, a request is made to get the applicant's file to the district office. If it doesn't show up in time they "deschedule" you (this is what happened to me)
  2. Something about her case doesn't allow the interview to go forward - for example, they realize that although the interview was scheduled, the name check wasn't completed.
My advice:

• Wait 4 to 6 weeks to see if the interview is magically rescheduled (it does happen, apparently - though it didn't for me)
  • Schedule an InfoPass. Go there and ask:
    • Am I through name check?
    • Are there any other reasons why my interview won't go forward?
    • Why exactly was my interview descheduled?
    • Is my file currently at the district office (at Dallas, the InfoPass folks can put an expedited request in to fetch a file - they did it for me and about a half hour later it showed up)
    • What can I do to get this rescheduled?
  • Wait another 4 to 6 weeks (that's the "think time" for a USCIS office it seems). If an interview letter doesn't show up, go to your congressman's and senators' web sites and start the process of getting them involved in your case (give them 2 to 3 weeks to respond (they think faster), if they don't respond call and ask to speak to the immigration aid). Be *very* polite with the aid you talk to - you want to enlist their sympathy to your cause
Good luck

This happened to me also.

My first interview was scheduled for November 29th 2006 (notice dated October 17th 2006) and descheduled (notice dated October 25th 2006).

About one month later, USCIS rescheduled my interview (notice dated November 30th 2006) for January 23rd 2007.

The reason given to me was that my case file wasn't transferred to the local District Office when the first Interview date was scheduled. That was why they (CSC) deschedule my interview.

I agree with flydog...give it a month or so. If you don't get anything in the mail, schedule an Infopass and ask the officer for your case status.