IIO makes a note when you call up for yur case.

Ashok Rai

Registered Users (C)
Called up the IIO for the first time on 6/1 to enquire about theI485status of our kids as the primary applicantappvd on 4/16 while spouse on 5/21(after RFE).Contrary to what we have read IIO(AGNES) was very courteous and told us that at times they donot send approval for minor kids.She also took my name and Phone number and told that she will call me back in a while.She didnot say clearly if approved but she did say that children donot need finger printing and sometimes they might not send the approval notice.She did call in my absence.Getting restless today I tried endlessely and finally got a IIO(Annette)also sounded polite.The first thing she told me when she checked my kids case was have you spoken to someone before last week?She has already done the needfull and your letter was sent on 1st June and you will receive it anytime.All along I spoke very politely and told her I called up today again as we have planned to go to our country during vaccations.When I told her that an IIO took my number to call me.She replied,yes Iknow it, she would.Just to reconfirm if she is referring to the IIO whom I talked on June 1st, I asked her do you know the name as I want you to thank heron my behalf and to my surprise she said her name is Agnes.I had once read someone mention that IIO make a note when we enquire but now I am sure that they may indicate on the system that they had attended a call with the date.I feel unless it is necessary we should nevercall them often.The Avm in kids case hasnot changed to appvd yet,though they have sent the approval notice.
Pd4/3/99
Nd3/28/00
fp10/20/00
appvd4/16/01
spouse5/21/01
There is no doubt that this is a wonderful site and we got a lot of information here.We wantto thank the host Mr Rajiv Khanna for this board which is a great resource for us, and all of you friends who contribute to this resource with queries and informations.A special thanks to Myladoor,OCT2000,Bhanu,Kiran Hegde, Chutney,Hanuman, NIceGUy, Dandan(now on vaccation)and others.GOOD LUCK and our prayers to all of you guys waiting to see the light, specially the ones who have applied before us and are still waiting.