If you got oath after name check without suing USCIS please post

jattindc1

Registered Users (C)
I'm just starting a new thread to get awareness from the folks who got the oath letters after getting stuck in Name check blackhole without suing USCIS otherwords with in 120 days of initial interview.
Regards

I think that was a valid question to ask Jattindc. More precisely, does anyone who gets himself pending name check have to wait couple of years or more to get cleared? I am sure some at least get cleared in few months without intervention to expedite, if you are one of those please let us know! And state how long it took to get cleared? I am not in the name check but I think I am more paranoid about it than those already suffering it!

None one

My impression is that no one gets FBI name check issue solved in six mouths after interview.

OC_worker's case can not be counted different which is not FBI name check.

aimei_mei said:
My impression is that no one gets FBI name check issue solved in six mouths after interview.

In other words, if you're informed at the interview that you Name Check is pending...be prepared for years of waiting or to fight in court;)...and hoping that "maybe tomorrow I'll get an answer" and waiting, is simply foolish.

aimei_mei said:

i still do not know if my case was the FBI name check or just "background check" since the interview officer told me some conflicting answers.

My uncle's brother-in-law had a few months delay due to security checks but was eventually naturalized without a lawsuit or the threat of one.

I was told background check has not completed by FBI , I don't know is backgroound check is same as name check.
I already have an infopass appointment 2 weaks from now.
IO did not gave me any form about decision, anybody with comments please.

jattindc1 said:
I was told background check has not completed by FBI , I don't know is backgroound check is same as name check.
I already have an infopass appointment 2 weaks from now.
IO did not gave me any form about decision, anybody with comments please.

Well, when you go to your infopass 2 weeks from now, you should ask if it is the "name check" or "background check" pending from FBI.

However, if a "check" is from FBI, I would tend to believe it is a name check (since name check = background check from FBI)

I got mine after 2 year wait. Was on the way to a courthouse with a 1447(b) petition, but got a call from White House when I was pulling into a parking near the federal court. :eek:

As I am in the same boat, have schedules infopass for next week to Boston CIS.

During the interview the office mentioned it to be a background check pending from an outside agency. She did not mention FBI.

I would try to confirm this (provided they tell) during infopass.

Any feedback as to what other question could be asked and what to expect ? :mad: