• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

If you did not win lottery - look forward to life here

validusername

I have applied for about 7 years from a really small country where I do not think many people apply from and I was never selected.

I am now after 7 years thinking - life can be made without green card. maybe life can become a little better with green card - easier to make money + easier to do more of what you want - no visa restrictions or entry restrictions.

I want to think they purposely do not select but now I know that I have to work on my own life with my own efforts and maybe I get green card, maybe I do not - but I will live a life I WANT not because I am a slave to the green card all the time.

Hello. My parents have been applying since '98, and I've always been a minor, so I've been applying twice as long as you. I come from a tiny little country where the chance of winning each year is 2% (I calculated it). Since my parents are both applying, it's 4%. Back in '98, there was a 48% chance we'd win in the next 12 years (considering the percentage of winners remained stable - which it has in my country). This year my sister and brother applied too, so it's a 52% chance. There hasn't been one winner.

I wouldn't recommend anyone EXPECT to win, especially if they're from bigger countries or have just started applying. You can apply but goodness the people on here have done some horrid things in light of the results. You most likely won't win and you don't have any ''right'' to win people.

I wouldn't recommend anyone EXPECT to win, especially if they're from bigger countries or have just started applying. You can apply but goodness the people on here have done some horrid things in light of the results. You most likely won't win and you don't have any ''right'' to win people.

I disagree with you - as per my experience - I have been living in the states for 10 years and have spoken to many DV winners both from here in the states and other countries, and the majority of them have won the first time they applied! IT IS MEANT TO BE!

Good luck to all of the winners.:cool:

I disagree with you - as per my experience - I have been living in the states for 10 years and have spoken to many DV winners both from here in the states and other countries, and the majority of them have won the first time they applied! IT IS MEANT TO BE!

Good luck to all of the winners.:cool:

It's not "meant to be", it's chance, just like most other things in life. Do you really think that God has a list of people that he thinks are "meant to" win the diversity lottery? Really? So by your logic, if certain things are meant to happen, is a child "meant to" get cancer, be born into poverty, or die of AIDS? No, they weren't. They were unlucky. There have been 550,000 DV winners since you moved to the US. How many of them have you met? 10? 15? 25? Well, then your statement must be fact. FYI, I also lived in the US 10 years ago (and way before and after that even) and I met many Diversity Lottery winners. The majority of them won after quite a few tries, but there were also others who applied every year and never got it. Those who were determined ended up getting sponsored by their jobs or getting married (though they didn't get married just for it) and are now US citizens, despite losing year after year.

Go spew your nonsense somewhere else. It's vile.

It's not "meant to be", it's chance, just like most other things in life. Do you really think that God has a list of people that he thinks are "meant to" win the diversity lottery? Really? So by your logic, if certain things are meant to happen, is a child "meant to" get cancer, be born into poverty, or die of AIDS? No, they weren't. They were unlucky. There have been 550,000 DV winners since you moved to the US. How many of them have you met? 10? 15? 25? Well, then your statement must be fact. FYI, I also lived in the US 10 years ago (and way before and after that even) and I met many Diversity Lottery winners. The majority of them won after quite a few tries, but there were also others who applied every year and never got it. Those who were determined ended up getting sponsored by their jobs or getting married (though they didn't get married just for it) and are now US citizens, despite losing year after year.

Ok - that is your opinion, no problem - good luck in the next 50 years. Let's see if you are going to "GET LUCKY"! :rolleyes:

Ok - that is your opinion, no problem - good luck in the next 50 years. Let's see if you are going to "GET LUCKY"! :rolleyes:

The fact that you ignored the logical parts of my post and responded with a cocky passive-aggressive comment proves you have no idea what you're talking about. If you seriously don't have a better understanding of numbers and general logic it's no wonder that the only way you could possibly immigrate was through the Diversity Lottery.

You sound very angry.

You sound very angry.

I'm sick of privileged people saying things are "meant to be". I'm sure Donald Trump thinks his getting rich was "meant to be" and that the starving children of the world simply "weren't meant to be" rich. But in reality I'm not mad, I'm just sick of this stupidity.

If you seriously don't have a better understanding of numbers and general logic it's no wonder that the only way you could possibly immigrate was through the Diversity Lottery.

Man you are wrong again - twice for one day - lol.:p

P.S. Oh and if you can’t tolerate criticism or respect people's opinions - then will definitely not fit here, or maybe that's why you are not here. Think about it. Be nice and accept things the way they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have applied for about 7 years from a really small country where I do not think many people apply from and I was never selected.

I am now after 7 years thinking - life can be made without green card. maybe life can become a little better with green card - easier to make money + easier to do more of what you want - no visa restrictions or entry restrictions.

I want to think they purposely do not select but now I know that I have to work on my own life with my own efforts and maybe I get green card, maybe I do not - but I will live a life I WANT not because I am a slave to the green card all the time.

great words
thank you

Hello. My parents have been applying since '98, and I've always been a minor, so I've been applying twice as long as you. I come from a tiny little country where the chance of winning each year is 2% (I calculated it). Since my parents are both applying, it's 4%. Back in '98, there was a 48% chance we'd win in the next 12 years (considering the percentage of winners remained stable - which it has in my country). This year my sister and brother applied too, so it's a 52% chance. There hasn't been one winner.

How do you calculate the statistics on it? Because, they never give out per country statistics on how many people applied and how many people got selected from each country, do they?