If you are approved but waiting for the derivative applicants, please post here

nmishra

Registered Users (C)
We submitted our I-485 togather (Aug. 2002) and did PS on the same day (Aug. 10, 2004). Although I got approved last month and even my card has been ordered and hopefully get it in a week or so but no information for the derivative applicants (spouse and minor kids).

I shall appreciate if the people who had similar experience in the past as well as well as who are going through at present, please post here so that we can get some information from their personal experience.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Good luck to all 2002 applicants.

I am in the same boat. My wife and kids are not approved.

I485 approved for me Sep 22-2004
FP done for me and wife July-28-2004
Wife and Kids RD Oct-2002
Mine RD-5/2002

We shall also appreciate if those of you who were not approved togather but later got the approvals of their dependents post their experience here.

Thanks for your time and input.

I am in the same situation.
My I-485 was approved on 10/13. No news/updates on my wife's case. We filed together, did FP together, and FP results came to USCIS on the same day.

My case (primary) got transferred to the local office. My wife's did not. Neither one is approved yet. Should I be included in this group, since my case will most probably be approved before my wife's?

Both cases wree filed together. Got Miami to make a request to TSC for the file. Sent a fax request to TSC myself. Previous lawyer sent fax request to TSC and Miami. New lawyer sent fax request to TSC, Maimi, and visited in person. The case remains in TSC, even after all these requests! (7 in all)

Last edited by a moderator:
CuriousGeorge

If you get a interview call from Miami, take your wife with you and both of you will be approved togather. This is the experience of one of my friend who got the interview call for himself but took his wife with him and got approved and PS the same day (27 September). He even received his card too.

Good luck.

Mine approved on June, Wife's case still pending

Mine approved on June, Wife's case still pending. Our ND is April 2002. We did FP together on Feb 2002. And then after my approval my wife got another FP notice, which only went to the attorneys office!!!! She gave the second FP on August this year. Case is still pending.

Pending

Mine got approved on Sept 2004 but wife's still pending. We did FP in July but different dates.

Cass-

Yours is a April 2002 case. Did you inquire with 1-800... or did you approach congressman/senator? If not, I believe you should do it.

nmishra said:
CuriousGeorge

If you get a interview call from Miami, take your wife with you and both of you will be approved togather. This is the experience of one of my friend who got the interview call for himself but took his wife with him and got approved and PS the same day (27 September). He even received his card too.

Good luck.

I was planning on doing this. But I am doubtful her case will get approved with mine, since according to Miami's CSRs, they have not recieved her case file. Hopefully things will change by the time my interview happens.

nmishra, Raj Ram, Cass, kitten_bear - have you heard anymore about the pending cases? We are in the same boat - four approved and one child still not.

My case got approved on Nov 10th and my wife is my dependent. She filed an year after me. She got her FP notice before me and I went along with her to get my fp done as well. She hasn't sent her medical but as such no medical RFE has been issued. I guess I will send the medical RFE and ask them to approve the case.

in the same boat

My I-485 was approved on 7/14/04, but still no news on my wife's. We filed our cases and did FP together, RD (I-485) 9/12/03 and FP: 11/22/03.

harvinder said:
My case got approved on Nov 10th and my wife is my dependent. She filed an year after me. She got her FP notice before me and I went along with her to get my fp done as well. She hasn't sent her medical but as such no medical RFE has been issued. I guess I will send the medical RFE and ask them to approve the case.

My 485 has been approved in the first week of this month (Nov, 2004). They are asking for additional information (Medical) on my wife's case. I am waiting for the Attorney to send me the BCIS letter on the same as well as docs that we need to carry for my wife's medical. Hopefully, we will finish her medical next week. Any ideas on how long it will take for my wife's case to be approved after we complete the due process of her medical.

waiting on dependent

Mine got approved on Sept 2004 but wife's still pending. We did FP in July but different dates.

same here

Mine got approved yesterday and I got my Passport stamped ... but they said my wife has still not been transfered to the local office ... so they will interview her. The officer said it will be done in about 3 months.

I'll keep yall posted.

Good news guys

At last, I received the approval emails (6) for my wife and kids. Now I can say that journey is finally over. They got approved on 23rd of November while we were in India but we were not aware of the approvals till we reached here.
Surprising thing is- Officer at the port of entry didn't ask/told me anything about the approvals when we entered US using AP on 26th of November.
Anyway, thank you all once again and good luck to those who are waiting for the approvals of the derevative applicants.

Primary and Kids approved but not wife??????

I'm the primary applicant and we were interviewed in Newark last 11/18/04. We all got approved and pp stamped except for my wife. The officer said her Name check is still pending. My questions are:

1) On our interview, the officer took all our I94s including my wife's. If she will get her approval letter soon and have to go for PP Stamping, I'm sure INS wil ask for I94 together with approval letter and EAD. What should we do?

2) For me and my kids, the officer did not ask for new photos (frontal). She used the old ones on file. Will this cause problems later on when they process the physical card?

3) How long is the FBI name check?

Thanks everybody!