If green card can be revoked, citizenship can also be revoked!

Originally posted by kaoticfury
i know a guy who got GC from asylum status
he used to travel back to his home country. i asked him, he said he just traveled to canada by using the green card, and fly to his home country (he got white TD). When he returned, he got back to canada again, and then entered the US (of course, he got muliply entries canada visa on his WHITE TD)

but i think its illegal
Remember also that you do not need the renetry permit to enter back to america but you will need it if you visit canada from a third country.

i know a guy who got GC from asylum status
he used to travel back to his home country. i asked him, he said he just traveled to canada by using the green card, and fly to his home country (he got white TD). When he returned, he got back to canada again, and then entered the US (of course, he got muliply entries canada visa on his WHITE TD)

but i think its illegal

So he uses the white RTD to enter his home country? Immigration authorities in his home country will add stamps in his RTD then. How is he gonna explain about them when it comes the time to renew his RTD? :p He's either lying or not telling you the whole story :)

asylee vs. refugee LPR

Ok, so say a person with asylum based LPR can't go back to his homecountry based on the premise on which the asylum was obtained in the first place. Now how come someone who has LPR based on the refugee status can go back with no problems? There is a fundamental reason why that person was given refugee status in the first place so if he/she can go back that means he/she no longer needs that sort of protection from USA.
Plenty of LPR based refugees do indeed go back (for a temporary visit) and I have never heard of anyone having any sort of problems with INS upon returning or later when applying for citizenship. Can someone point out what is the fundamental difference that sets these two LPR groups apart in terms of travelling back to the home country?
thx.

Actually Refugees claims are basically for those people, who do not have a country of citizenship. No country is willing to grant them ciitizenship and they are awarded american citizenship. So even after adjusting status, they go back to their previous place of living, they would not be in trouble.

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
Actually Refugees claims are basically for those people, who do not have a country of citizenship. No country is willing to grant them ciitizenship and they are awarded american citizenship. So even after adjusting status, they go back to their previous place of living, they would not be in trouble.
that does not apply for many refugees such as those from the Former Soviet Union. There is a yearly quotas for them

Originally posted by wirelesssprint
Remember also that you do not need the renetry permit to enter back to america but you will need it if you visit canada from a third country.
yes, but canadan immigration officers would not care if u go back to your home country, would they? they may not even know the GC is asylum based. i thought as long as u have a valid canadian visa, u are fine.

correct me if i am thinking wrong
thx

yes, but canadan immigration officers would not care if u go back to your home country, would they? they may not even know the GC is asylum based. i thought as long as u have a valid canadian visa, u are fine.

correct me if i am thinking wrong
thx
yes but they will stamp your RTD once you arrive from your country so it is better to let them stamp your national passport

Originally posted by wirelesssprint
yes but they will stamp your RTD once you arrive from your country so it is better to let them stamp your national passport

hum....once u become an asylee, u cannt renew your national passport. my passport has expired long time ago, never renew it because its risky and i got RTD
But even though u got stamp on your WHITE TD from your country, once u enter canada with your TD, u can enter US by using GC (of course by road)

ps:this is how that guy did, it seems to be safe, i would not recommand to try it unless family emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Citizenship can be revoked then your US born children's Citizenship can be revoke

It's possible y'know. haha

When I went to Australia, the immigration officer asked me IF I Have ever been to MY home country since my Asylee status. weird thing was she wasn't suppose to ask this question. Anyhow I said NOPE. When I got here the Immigration officer in SF airport also asked the same question.

Be careful. Don't do stupid things! Stamp on the passport is what tells them..Y jeapordize your GC? When you apply for asylum, you are cliaming that you will be persecuted if you ever returned..
Then what excuse you have??

Re: If Citizenship can be revoked then your US born children's Citizenship can be revoke

Originally posted by JackIsBack
It's possible y'know. haha

Folks, I thought this was a joke but something I learned from my visit to the Military Enlistment Processing Station made it serious. Apparently if an applicant (yes, even a native born US citizen who can trace his roots back to the Plymouth Pilgrims) has lied to the US Government in his or her military enlistment application then that person can lose his citizenship privileges such as the right to vote, claim to welfare benefits etc.

i do not know about home country and it making me sick - to have restrictions after restrictions... But nothing is wrong with going to the border countrys as from my experiance so far. Do not make too many problems just to scary yourself, people...