If case older than 1 year, RFE automatic?

freaked

Registered Users (C)
It seems that if a case is older than 1 year then an RFE is automatically generated. Any experience to support or refute that theory?

Nonsense argument

In old days, virtually all cases are older than 1 year. But only a small fraction of them get GFE.

Your worry is a clear indication of GC victim. Take a break please.

My case took One year and eight months to get approved.

I was asked to go for fingerprinting for the second time because the first FP had expired. Within 15 days after the second FP, my case was approved.

A month before approval, I got an RFE for 6 months paystubs, last year's W-2 and employer's letter.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

BTW, I used to post under the user-id "Q" before. I had posted all my details under that id before (for some reason it shows as posted by operations because I was not able to reclaim my id): http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50778

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, remember I had posted that my wife got a third FP notice? She did her third FP last week, but got her approval the next day. Apparently the second FP results reached INS after some delay. She did her stamping yesterday. The way INS works are crazy.

BTW I got my plastic card also yesterday.

Thanks July16. I am free at last after waiting for 6 long years.

I hope your approval comes soon. I wish you all the best.

(I will start hanging around in the "After the green card board" from now on, but will browse this forum once in a while).