IEAD out of jurisdiction

SG_VA

Registered Users (C)
Does any body here in this forum have experience getting IEAD out of their jurisdiction. This would help many people in this forum who have to take appointment for a future date for getting IEAD, after 90 days of EAD filing.

I have to go to Arlington Office for my IEAD, but the appointment I got is for a date after my current EAD expiration. I'm currently working on my EAD.

What are my options?

hi SG_VA,
you have to go to your local district office. Only thing they check for is residence address (Drivers License). I read in this message boards about people going to norfolk office as they give same day IEAD and being turned down saying that they don't have jurisdisction. If you are desperate you have two options
1) go back to Arlington office talk to supervisor and explain your situation he will give you an earlier appointment date based on his mood. this actually happened very recently.
2) change your address go to different office (baltimore is same story as arlington) I don't know what are sure of future ramifications of this move. do it at ur own risk.