1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I94 Question

Discussion in 'TN Status' started by TnRaju, Sep 10, 2017.

1. TnRaju

TnRaju New Member

I had an approved 797 (TN) from a previous employer until Feb next year.
    I changed employers and got another TN which is valid until 2019 Dec.
    Since I lost the contract, I went ahead and found another contract whose TN expires in 2018.

I am trying to get back to the company whose TN I have until 2019, but I read somewhere that only the latest I94 is valid. Is this true ?

If I find a client can I go back to the TN that is valid till the end of 2019 ?

Thanks.

2. nelsona

nelsona Registered Users (C)

This is not true. For TN, since it is ALSO serves as your work authorization, all I-94s that are 'current' -- meaning the latest I-94 for each viable client/sponsor you have that has not expired -- are valid.

However, if your relationship actually ceased with a particular client (which seems to be the implication when you say " I lost the contract" , then that particular I-94 should no longer be used. You should present a new petition from that client. This is not the same as when a client says he doesn't need you for the next xx months. The relationship (and thus the TN I-94) is still viable at that point.

3. TnRaju

TnRaju New Member

Nelsona, Thank you very much.