I94 question (still have I94 on 797)

india_survivor

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Sorry for the repeat question, but is kind of urgent...so pls understand.

The airline reps did not take the I94 (attached to the I797) on my deparure from the US. They only took the other I 94 (regular white paper one). Is this an issue on my way back to the US ? will the officer wonder why i still have that I94 (the one attached to the I797)?

PS this is re-entry from India. I originally had two I 94s - one on the passport and one with the I797 petition

THANKS !!

Hi,

I had the same experience and they saw my I 797 with the I94 attached when i was coming back and issued me a new I-94. They didnt take the one at the bottom either so i have that as it came from INS....

Furat,
Can you please share your experience of coming back to USA. What did they ask you? Did you apply for a US Visa in toronto? Are they asking for a VISA now at the border? Please let us know.

AoA,

I went by air. the canadians just asked me how long i was out and what I am bringing in.. The US side did my registration and that took more than 1 hour of questions, fingerprinting, photographing, background checks... all 9 yards!! They said that since I am from pakistan, everytime I go back and forth, i will have to be registered... i was under the impression that its a once a year kind of deal.. but I guess not! I have'nt applied for the visa.. they told me that when coming back after March 17, I would need a valid visa stamp.. I will plan to make an appointment whenever I go back again and get a visa. Let me know how your visa experience goes!

Thanks,