1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

I797C - Notice of Action

Discussion in '485 issues in Texas Service Center' started by duv_sree, Sep 17, 2008.

1. duv_sree

duv_sree Registered Users (C)

Hi,
    I recently received a I797C - Notice of Action. My case was transferred to USCIS-NBC , Lees summit, MO.

Few questions:
    1. What does this mean ? Will I be scheduled for an interview ? What are the common reasons for interview ?
    2. I am a bay area , CA resident. Why has my case been transferred to Missouri ?
    3. I received a notice on Aug 5 , 08. When should I expect an interview call ?

Is this cause for any concern or is it pretty routine. One thing which my lawyers told me was that since I got married and filed for my I485, it triggers an interview

thanks