i765 denial notice sent/ i485 NPT pending

garov55

Registered Users (C)
my i 485/i 589 nunc pro tunc is pending in asylum office, i applied to renew my i 765
and today i got a email stating i 765 denial notice sent...
any advice or opinions

should i worry ?? i mean i know asylees dont need an i 765 but .....
i have asylum granted in 1997

thank you

Also i need to send a letter to asylum office just to get a case status update ... anyone have written one of these ???
what exactly should i put in it?
other than the personal info ?

thank you

my i 485/i 589 nunc pro tunc is pending in asylum office, i applied to renew my i 765
any advice or opinions

thank you

Don't worry. Just wait for the letter to arrive. It will all be resolved since you just filed NPT. Also, as you stated, you do not need EA document. Just get an unrestricted social security card and use that along with another identity document as proof of eligibility for employment if every required.

any advice or opinions

thank you

You're an asylee and they denied your application for work authorization? :confused:

another thing i had a very bad lawyer who filled this for me !!! i mean he had no clue about asylum cases ...
it took almost 3 months to get a notice that USCIS recived my app for i 765
i mean it never ever took me 3 months for recipt notice

im very upset and if this is all his fault I LL BE EVEN MORE UPSET !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
strange a? Any thoughts?

Denying an asylee a work authorization permit has definitely got to be the worst policy in the books of USCIS. Surely, there can't be anything more moronic than that. So, the U.S. government opines that someone is eligible to be granted an asylum status and yet, after granting the asylum status, they reject the working permit? :confused::confused::confused: That makes little or absolutely no sense to me. That's totally f***** up!

They rejected my I-765 application as well ( my I-730 is currently pending, I applied for I-765 last year saying that my father who's an asylee couldn't support me financially and I received the I-765 card under Economic hardship; upon applying to renew it, I got rejected this year and was told that my father's case status has nothing to do with it , wtf! ). I'm currently working without a working permit and I still don't know what I should do, whether wait until they decide my fate ( I-730 , which was filed last May, they're currently looking at the applications received in Oct'06 ) or reapply for I-765 which costs $340!!!!!

Anyways, good luck man. I'd think that you're unfortunate.

Ok i got the email on the 19 of march i should get the letter this week and will update u on what the actual reason is !!!

Do not speculate until you get the letter. I suspect the file was denied for a "technical" reason.

thank you THANKFUL

i also think he filed the 765 electronicly via WWW ... im not sure if that makes any diffr.

whatever the case may be we shall see after i read the notice i also was advised by my new attorney that i shouldnt worry much
as he said " asylees are eligible to work without working permit without breaking any laws"

thank you THANKFUL

i also think he filed the 765 electronicly via WWW ... im not sure if that makes any diffr.

whatever the case may be we shall see after i read the notice i also was advised by my new attorney that i shouldnt worry much
as he said " asylees are eligible to work without working permit without breaking any laws"

It could be b/c they never received your photos!!

lol i know its not funny being denied work but u got a point there i never thought about that !!!:D

lets hope so!!!

could u imagine if that lawyer of mine "M.r.n" somehow made that mistake ???

lol i know its not funny being denied work but u got a point there i never thought about that !!!:D

lets hope so!!!

could u imagine if that lawyer of mine "M.r.n" somehow made that mistake ???

Did you get a notice to go to a USCIS office? I believe that for e-filed I-765 applications you have to go there so that they can take your photo. If you never got the notice and never showed up then they would have denied the application for failure to cooperate!!!

BTW, why the heck do you even spend $$ for the EAD as you do not need it?

uhh i did go to my local office yes and i did get fingerprinted (just one finger)
i belive photo was taken too not sure tho......

i dont know why i get the EAD ... i like to be current with all my paperwork and have everything i need to avoid unnessesary questions if any come up

Thankful !! how are you my friend !!! just got the " i 765 notice of denial " letter today
and guess what ... hahaha once again uscis messed up !!!
quote:

"due to technical issues @ your local office we could not obtain your Biometrics from your previous appoint."
we have rescheduled your appointment for 4/11/2008

so the notice of denial letter is not an notice of denial, its a oops sorry we screwed up letter

i knew there was smth not right here ......
well thats the update