I751 processing times @ VSC

Champy

HI folks,

Can anbody shed some light on why the VSC is taking their sweet time on 751 applications. I keep checking the BCIS web site with no luck on my case status, case not found :(

Keep calling the 800#, I am not even asked for my case# when I do get to speak with someone.

I applied to have my condtional status removed back in Sept of 2002, got the receipt back within a few weeks and have heard nothing since. What do I do when the year extension runs out ?

The latest info I can find on VSC processing times indicates 12/01 for 751 applications ---- this has been like this for ever !!

Has anyone managed to get a straight answer out of VSC or the BCIS call center ?

I am pulling my hair out, I travel over the canadian border two or three times a week and my letter is falling apart, it is already taped together in two places !

any help or news would be good.

Many thanks,

Champy

Well I applied in June 2002 @ VSC and I haven't heard anything either. I talked to my lawyer and she said that sometimes they pull people away from certain applications to work on other backlogs. Hence there are times that there is no one working on the particular forms - which is probably the case for I-751. She had no idea when they might start working on our apps again.

If your notice expires, go to your local INS office and get a I-551 stamp (its temporary green card stamp for 1 yr). THat will allow you to travel in and out of the country without a problem.

In the mean time - waiting is the name of the game *sigh*

hey ho, I guessed that was the case, I find it so frustrating when I cannot get an answer out of people. They need to be upfront with people on their web site if that is what they are doing.

If they entered each case into the web based tracking system as they received it, at least we would know an estimated processing time, instead we are left hanging, hanging, hanging :confused:

They are quick enough to cash the checks and take our money.

Champy

Sigh.....yes frustrations running high everywhere pal !!

I have even enquired through the congressional liasons but they said that they so not know what the delay is and have no idea when the process will start moving again !!

U know that the I-751 is the only application form at the VSC that in 2001. I mean they have gotta know how much the delays are. I am hoping that when they do start processing the applications - hopefully it will move V V FAST !!

But then again maybe I am being too optimistic!! Moral of story - HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS !!

good luck

I-751 delay

Receipt date for my application for I-751 is 22nd march 2002. They had sent similar notice to wait for a year. I kept on contacting INS after every 4-5 months. Initially they said it takes about 6 months, later 8months, then a year, then 15 months, then 18 months.

My green card was expiring in may 2003. I went to local INS office, where they extended my green card for another one year by putting a stamp on my passport.

Surprisingly, yesterday(08-22-2003) they sent me a another notice saying to wait for 11 months and then contact INS.

This notice is exactly same as original one. I don't understand what they mean because it is not clear. They didn't say whether to wait from today's date or from date of receipt i.e 22nd march 2002.

Actually the notice does not make sense. If anybody else got similar notice, please let me know.

Thanks
sanjay

Is Time Moving Backwards?

Hi;

At least there is some comfort to be gained from knowing that a lot of us are apparently in the same situation!

I filed my I-751 with the Vermont office in May 2002. Like many others, it seems, I have heard nothing since the receipt notice.

In May 2003, a lady at my local INS office told me the I-751 backlog at Vermont was now two years.

I check the processing times once a month, and like Champy says, it has been stuck at 12/1/01 for months. Just to torment myself, I checked some of their other offices and found that, for example, California (currently processing I-751’s for 10/9/02), Texas (11/7/02), and Nebraska (6/12/02) are way ahead of Vermont.

This is my question, however. If you check the archives for the Vermont office, you will see that they are actually going backwards! How is this possible? In February 2003, Vermont was processing I-751 applications from 2/1/02. The next month it slipped back to 12/28/01, and then 12/1/01! Did they suddenly find an old batch of I-751 forms that had been lost?!

Any thoughts on this Twilight Zone phenomenon?

Chris

Yes - I recd a 2nd notice from BCIS - saying that they have extended my green card another year. I had no idea that I was going to receive this. But good to know that others are also receiving this.

One time when I called the BCIS - the rep said that the delay is 21 months.

What I cant understand is that - being married to a US citizen - shd this not be a priority over any other application. I dunno guys -but I guess we have no real choice in this matter.

Good to know that others received the same notice as well. I got another surprise though. I had applied for N-400 application for citizenship two weeks back. I got the notice to get fingerprinting in just two weeks. Isn't it surprising? I will have to wait and see what happens after fingerprinting at the time of interview.

My I-751 is still pending since March 2002.

Sanjay,

Can u tell me when you applied for the N-400. I applied on July 24 th - but I have no received any receipt or finger printing notice. Can you tell me your time line please.

Are you residing in NY or elsewhere in the NE ?? Maybe location makes a difference ??

Thanks for the info.....
Samira

Samira,
I live in Cherry Hill,South Jersey. I had applied for N-400 on 7th August. I guess your fingerprinting must be on it's way. You can also check whether your checks(260+50) got enchased.

Thanks
sanjay

yeah my check has been encashed !! But I have not received a receipt as yet - and no finger printing notice either !!

How soon after application - did u receive both ??

Has yr fingerprinting been completed ??

I had received fingerprinting notice on 08/26 and my fingerprinting date is 09/16. I guess yours must be on its way.

Thanks
sanjay

well the weird thing is that I enquired through my congressional liason - and I believe they sent me the FP notice on Aug 8...but I didnt receive it.

I have requested that my congressional aid fax me a copy - but I not sure if they will do that or not.

Am sorta in a bind ......

CAn you tell me what the FP letter looks like ?? Is it the same as the one you receive when you go for FP for I--485??

Thanks for the Info Sanjay......

Samira,
I don't remember how does the fingerprinting notice looked like for I-485 since it has been long time. It just states the time and venue for fingerprinting and the documents which we need to take there(like green card). Also, it says further processing will be done only after fingerprinting is done.

Thanks
sanjay

It says:

If you fail to appear as scheduled below or fail to request rescheduling, your application will be considered abandoned.

Do you have to reschedule with VSC or the local FP office ?? Does it say anything about that !!

Thanks again for your help Sanjay.....really appreaciate it :)

You need to sent the lower part of form for rescheduling to VSC.But this should be done before the date of scheduling.

For my wife we filed in Oct 2002 still no infromation about her case. May be we should start contacting our state senators and also write a petition regarding I751 dead process at Vermount center.

Hi Group,
Seems there is some activity as I-751 seems to have been cleared till 03/01/2002. I havn't got yet. Mine receipt is dated 03/22/2002. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks
sanjay