I485 transferred to a local office

martinem

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

My friend is on AOS and the online enquiry states that the case was transferred to a local INS office (Baltimore, MD) and that local office will send a written decision when the processing is completed. My friend did recieve a finger print notice in June 2003 and did the same.
1. Is this normal ?
2. Has anyone here have faced the same situation ?
3. Any idea how long the local office usually takes to make a decision ?
I485
recpt date july 13 1998
notice date feb 22 1999

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by martinem
Hi all

My friend is on AOS and the online enquiry states that the case was transferred to a local INS office (Baltimore, MD) and that local office will send a written decision when the processing is completed. My friend did recieve a finger print notice in June 2003 and did the same.
1. Is this normal ?
I485
recpt date july 13 1998
notice date feb 22 1999

Thanks in advance

This is the first time i heard of an asylum case that is transfered to a local INS office. Let us hope that your friend will get his green card soon since he applied in july 98. good luck

Originally posted by martinem
Hi all

1. Is this normal ?
I485
recpt date july 13 1998
notice date feb 22 1999

Thanks in advance

Actually, it seems to be part of the new process for certain applications that are randomly selected for interview at local office (that is my guess). Maximum 2% of applications can be randomly selected.
Yes, here you have a couple of applications that went over the same process . lin990015002x and lin990015121x
Dont get discouraged by the long time have passed since they were transferred to local offices. The online system doesnt update these cases.
Posting your experience will be of great help to others in this forum waiting for the approval.
Good luck

hi martinem
i m not sure if you still following this forum but i need to asck you some questions about your friend please reply if you still there
or if any one knows MARTINEM please give me his e-mail address or his phone number
thanx

I-485 transferred to local office

Hi Sickwaiting

you posted a reply asking for me. Sorry , i was away. Post your email address here and I will send u an email.
Or, you can post your question here.

Thanks

hi martinem

hi
i needed just to ask you about your freind who had his case transferred to the local office in baltimore
do you know what happened with him by now?
how long it took the local office to send him an interview appointment?
thanxx