I485 - Help

h ravi

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am planning to submit my Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status based on asylum . I am applying by myself. So far, I have the following info. Could you please verify and let me know if I need anything else?

Thanks,
Ravi

 Fingerprint fee ($70)

 I-485 filing fee($315)

 2 photos in an envelope stapled to lower left corner. The name of the applicant and A-number, if known, should be lightly written in pencil on the back of each photo. Details on photo size, etc, may be found in the form instructions.

 I-485

 G-325, ( 2 Pages signed)

 Evidence of Asylee Status. Evidence might include a copy of Form I-94 and a clear, readable copy of the letter granting asylum

 Evidence of one year’s physical presence in the United States.

 Birth Certificate or other birth record

 All asylum adjustment applications and all refugee adjustment applications should be mailed directly to the Nebraska Service Center.

I think that is enough, Since I sent my I 485 five years ago I can't remember clearly. I know some members have submitted their madicals along with I-485.

Try to call USCIS and find out and submit the I-485 ASAP. Do not wait too long. You can see people who have submitted their I-485 in 2000 and still waiting for G.C.

Thanks Aniket19 for your quick response. Now that the quota is removed for asylee adjustments I know more asylee will be encouraged to apply for adjustment. I was expecting little more feed back / suggestions from the members of this forum then I have received so far . I like to create a process document and store it in this site on how to apply for permanent residence as an asylee which will facilitate current/future asylee who will file I 485. Any feed back is appreciated.

Suggestion.

Ravi,
If I was you, I'd send the Medical along with your I-485. I know in the form it tells asylees not to submit your medical until they ask you for one. I think the reason behind that was that it used to take them long time to get to your application. Now that the cap is removed, I think asylees should submit their medicals. USCIS will get to your application sooner than they would have in the past and it is good to give them that info. Just my suggestion.