I485 applicants should be excluded from special registration.

aftuser

I don’t understand why I485 applicants of the respective country should also go for Special Registration. Finger printing, background check, interview, etc. is part of Adjustment of Status process. Why INS is wasting time and resources repeating the same process twice.

The INS has made mean mistake in adjucating case of the the past few years, and this is the quickest way to catch and correct the errors before a final approval is made.

Aftuser

I completely agree with you. It is a wastage of time and effort for the INS. I-485 applicants who have been through finger printing should not be required to go through the special registration.

The local INS field offices are already inundated with huge number of people who are there for registration.

May INS leave good impression to its clients/customer before it disappears into non-existence. This is the last year that we all would hear the acronym INS.

Thanks.

I totally agree. I-485 applicants should not be required to go. They cannot call us non-immigrants because pending I-485 clearly shows immigrant intent.

It is all political, that's all. Good luck to us all who have to suffer. Haven't we suffered enough getting to the I-485 stage????

But what can we do, if we want to live here, we have to abide by the laws, even if it's not fair.

Sad but true.

No detention for I-485 Applicants

According to shusterman.com, an individual cannot be detained if he/she has filed for 485.
Considering that it is INS, I won't be surprised if they still arrest an 485 applicant with/without excuse.

mycase18.

The reason why 485 people has to go for SR is due to the old practice INS has. If the FP are not back in a month they assume everything was ok and the continue with the process.

FBI could have lost the FP or did not have the time or whatever reason so now they want to be sure they will be fully check.

What could be a waste of time is if you have SR and they send you a FP schedule. They could reuse the FP from SR.

Last edited by a moderator: