I485 and EB category

whiteone

Registered Users (C)
Does the EB category matters when it comes to processing dates?. or it is just based only on the RD regarldess of the EB category?.

Any inputs appreciated..

whiteone said:
Does the EB category matters when it comes to processing dates?. or it is just based only on the RD regarldess of the EB category?.

Any inputs appreciated..

No. Just the RD matters.

both matters

kmnalluri said:
No. Just the RD matters.

based on my observation these 2 factors are being considered EB1- goes first than EB2 than EB3, then RD plays a role

I don't think categories within EB it matters now a days.

It used to matter when the priority dates were not current. Now a days since the priority dates are current there is no difference between EB1, EB2 and EB3.

I really don't what matters now a days, all matters is whether you are approved or waiting. There is no ligic behind whose case will be picked up next and who will be left out.

whiteone said:

Any inputs appreciated..

The quota for each category is 40000 (there is a per country quota on top of it). when the quota in one category is used up, then it matters. i think since most applicants fall in EB3, quota for EB3 is likely to be used up first. but the quota has never been used up in the past several years due to the sloppyness of cis. so a short answer to your question for now is: it does not matter.