I290b

RACE_FOR_GC@03

Registered Users (C)
How much time it takes to process "I290B " at VSC.
My employer send all necessary documents on 2/18.

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
:(

I guess I290 must be an APPEAL to INS. I also have an appeal send to INS two months back and yet to receive a response. Let us know when you get a reply.
ever_fre

I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

My appeal has been filed since 1st feb, 2003. No response yet...any idea in the forum, how much time it takes...

This is an update fron bcis status online

On April 23, 2003, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case

How much time it takes at AAO, to process this type of cases(date received at AAO office or date INS denied, which is Jan 13th).

Any clue is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi RACE_FOR_GC@03,
I have the same problem, my H1 7th yr was denied in Jan'03 (I have left US in July after my 6yr H1 term was over) and we appealed the decision, and I have the same message
"On April 23, 2003, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case"

can you please tell me if you hear/heard anything on ur appeal.

rjr

I am in the same boat. I have completed six years and left the country in Sep’02. Filed for H1B in Nov’02 through premium process and H1B was denied and appealed again. But till now response back. Please, share any news.
Thanks,
ever_fre

Congrats RACE_FOR_GC@03,
Can you please let us know how you came to know about your appeal being approved?

Thanks in advance

Great

Hearty Congratulations RACE_FOR_GC@03.
At last you won. I feel like I got the approval. Could you please, answer the following questions? That will be a great help.
Is your approval seventh year H1b extension? If it is what kind of evidence you provided to BCIS?

Thank you very much,
Ever_fre

Please read the article at the following URL
http://www.murthy.com/UDh121st.html

It says one should have a valid H1B status at the time of applying for seventh year H1B. It boils down to people who completed six years before 11/2/2002 are not eigible for seventh year. I might be wrong. I checking with attorney. Please check with available resource.
ever_fre

ever_fre,
You are wrong. I completed 6th year before 11/02/2002 and I got my 6th year approval way back in early 2002.

I completed my 6th yr in July and left the country in July, my labor was approved in Aug after 14 months, and I applied for my H1 extension in Dec based upon the new law. My extension was rejected, and they said that the new law is not applicable to me.(Maybe the stupid INS officer who was handling my case didn't know the law). I have read the law and it states clearly that "This will be true even if the alien has since changed his or her status or left the country"

We appealed in Jan and are still waiting for the appeal. In the mean time my 1yr period will finish on July 15th and my company is going to apply for a new H1.

Yes I filed on July 16th by Premium Processing, and hope it will be approved by end of this month.

Hi Rjr,
Thank you very much for your reply. I guess we have to apply once again. VSC could take a year to process I140. I am also planning on applying once again. Would mind to tell us what kind of evidence you provided to prove you are out of USA for one full year?
Regards
Ever_fre

I don't know all the details, since my company attorney applied for the H1, and also I have my passport stamped on 14th July in Canada (when I left US). But that was not asked for by my attorney.

I don't know how they will check for the 1yr term.

My case has been approved on 24th July, I took then 10 days to apprpve.
RD 07-16-2003
AD 07-24-2003