I140 Premium Processing

dryheat

Registered Users (C)
I'm ready to file I140 & I485 concurrently (EB3 ROW PD 3/03).

Is there any reason for going I140 Premium Processing? Will I485 be processed at the faster pace because I140 was PP???

Thank You.

485 will not be processed faster because of PP, but there is a chance that it will be slower if PP is not used. In other words, 485 will not be approved without 140, and if for some reason, your 140 gets stuck in the conventional way, then your 485 will not move forward without the 140 being approved. But this is towards the end of the 485 stage (where it doesn't move forward without the 140). The biggest variable black hole factor in 485 is FBI namecheck, and that can proceed without 140.

Apart from this, the peace of mind factor also points towards PP.

Thirdly, and I cannot confirm this, but it's only rumors that I've heard, but apparently the service centers are "irritated" by non PP 140s, and they have been slow to work on them of late. Don't worry too much about this, it's all hearsay, probably exaggearetd, but I'm letting you know FYI.

Now what you need to do is decide if the above three factors are worth spending $1000 for. The best thing is to get your company to foot the bill, then the decision is a no-brainer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with PP if you are able to. My company refuses to do this for various reasons, and so my I-140 has been stuck for more than 6 months and I can't do anything about it. If I had the option, I would have done it for sure.

Hi

485 will not be processed faster because of PP, but there is a chance that it will be slower if PP is not used. In other words, 485 will not be approved without 140, and if for some reason, your 140 gets stuck in the conventional way, then your 485 will not move forward without the 140 being approved. But this is towards the end of the 485 stage (where it doesn't move forward without the 140). The biggest variable black hole factor in 485 is FBI namecheck, and that can proceed without 140.

Apart from this, the peace of mind factor also points towards PP.

Thirdly, and I cannot confirm this, but it's only rumors that I've heard, but apparently the service centers are "irritated" by non PP 140s, and they have been slow to work on them of late. Don't worry too much about this, it's all hearsay, probably exaggearetd, but I'm letting you know FYI.

Now what you need to do is decide if the above three factors are worth spending $1000 for. The best thing is to get your company to foot the bill, then the decision is a no-brainer :)

I just got the labor approval. My PD is current as per last visa bulletin. I'm planing to file concurently and PP as well. What documents do I need to send with my I-140? I am EB3.

Thanks in advance:cool:

I just got the labor approval. My PD is current as per last visa bulletin. I'm planing to file concurently and PP as well. What documents do I need to send with my I-140? I am EB3.

Thanks in advance:cool:

In addition to all the supporting documentation required by the I-140, I-485, etc., you'll need the I-907 which is the PP form. The only requirement for the I-907 is to pay the $1,000 fee ;) You may also attach a prepaid express mail label & envelope if you want to get an even faster response.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Folks,
I got my approval of labor in EB2 and my company applied I -140
in EB2. But uscis approved in EB3. So should I look at my Priority Date as EB3
Thanks in advance

Any risk with Premium Processing ?

I have my 140 Pending - regular
I am now current and can file for 485(at last !!!)

I was wondering if I file PP for 140 - and it gets an RFE- would that mean that I cant file for 485 till the RFE is cleared ?

Any other risk associated with 140 PP ?

If 140 gets denied- what happens?
do i start all over again ?
Labour->140>485 ?

Hi herenthere,
Go with PP if you are able to. My company refuses to do this for various reasons, and so my I-140 has been stuck for more than 6 months and I can't do anything about it. If I had the option, I would have done it for sure.
My 6 years of H1-period will complete in August, 2009. I have an approved labour ( AD 12/2007). My I-140 has been applied ( RD :01/2008). Am I eligible for I-140 Premium processing. My Employer keeps saying that I am not.

Any response is appreciated.

Thank You,