I140/I485 Priority date question..

WannamyGC

Registered Users (C)
:confused:Dear Forum users.

I am new to this forum and I need some advice to remain less frustrated than I already am. I want to move on , but those papers are holding me .

How do I find out about my priority date?? I have the receipts of my I140 /I485 from october 2007 , have my work permit which will expire 2008.

How long do I have to wait more to get my Green Card approved. I am into this journey for almost 6 years now. I know my case is an EB-3 . I had in the past 3 attorneys which did not know what they were doing. My case is at least delayed couple years. I have a friend that just got the GC but took him almost 7 years.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

:confused:Dear Forum users.

I am new to this forum and I need some advice to remain less frustrated than I already am. I want to move on , but those papers are holding me .

How do I find out about my priority date?? I have the receipts of my I140 /I485 from october 2007 , have my work permit which will expire 2008.

How long do I have to wait more to get my Green Card approved. I am into this journey for almost 6 years now. I know my case is an EB-3 . I had in the past 3 attorneys which did not know what they were doing. My case is at least delayed couple years. I have a friend that just got the GC but took him almost 7 years.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

1. Look at Labor Certification. The PD is indicated there.
2. Look at approved copy of I-140, PD is indicated there.

Post more info about your PD, is your I-140 approved? This can tell how long the GC will take.

After determining your priority date, you may want to check the visa bulletin - this will give an idea whether an applicant can file for I-485 or if already filed when an I-485 application can be approved.

My PD is OCT-04 according to my LC. I140/I485 pending Oct-07 and my case is at TSC . Does that mean about 2 more years in this situation even if everythign goes right ??