I140 Education equivalency

Arnie,

Could you please let us know details of the I-140 approval based on B.Com/B.Sc (3 years) after RFE or without RFE. My I-140 was denied based on the same reason and an appeal is pending. If I can get more details I will send more information to BCIS and will help me in getting my case approved. If you want me to send you a private message, please let me know your e-mail address.

Please treat it as kind of urgent.

Arnie/Dhamaka, We should try to get a copy of this memo from Attorney murthy.

I have received an RFE for Ed. Eval since I have 3 years BS (Comp. Science) degree and I am yet to file the reply.

I140 – RFE

I140 – RFE

RD of I140: June 12th
EAD and AP approved on Aug 6th

RFE on I140:
Proof of experience and education evaluation.

I don’t have experience (reference) letters from my previous employers (left employers without serving notice period). What options do I have? Could some please answer.

Thanks

Hi Vadi,

You can try and get some letters from your colleagues with whom you worked . Specifying the post,time period and what were you doing there . Also have them notarized those letters. Its good to have those notarized.
Hope this helps.

vadi, I had a similar problem getting the experience letter from my previous employer hence, I submitted an letter from my colleague who was working with me then.

I received an RFE from BCIS stating that they would like to see the experience letter on the company's letterhead that I worked for in the past.

My advice is to get a letter from a colleague who is still working for your previous employer and preferably on the company's letter head.

3 year degree

armie,

Can you please provide more details of your friend's case?
Which service center thier applications approved? What is the requiremnet in the labor cert?

It would really help a lot, you may email tsnaresh@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for the anticipated help.

Vadi, I explained the situation to them and offered my previous employer to pay my H1/H4 visa expenses and they issued me the experience letter.

I think Arnie was not giving right information regarding the approval of I-140 with a 3 year degree. Since I don't see his reply, it seems that he was misinformed by his friend regarding approval of I-140 with 3 year degree course.
So far I have not seen any post in this forum recently, which says I-140 was approved with 3 year degree course.
If anyone has more info, please post.

My friend, B.Com+NIIT CompSc. diploma +10 years IT experience, applied for I-140 at VSC back in 2001. His company has only 10-15 employees in US.
He got RFE one year back challenging his educational qualifications. His lawyer got his credentials re-evaluted and re-certified by a different agency. Several months after responding to REF he got his I-140 approved.
The requirements mentioned in LC and wording of the advt. has major impact on the approval/denial of I-140. A good lawyer should be able to help you if your educational credentials and/or company's financials are less than satisfactory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my I-140 was denied on 2 grounds, education equivalency and employer unable to pay proferred wage, my future employer is planning to file another I-140 petition with a different lawyer who can give better arguements to BCIS.
I am just wondering, that while a decision on this new I-140 will be pending and also a decision on the appeal (for earlier denied case) pending, what will be my status. Should I stay more than 180 days (which will certainly be, if I have to wait for anyone of the decisions to come) after my H1-B expiration.
Can anyone recommend a extremely good lawyer in Chicago Area. Thanks

Originally posted by dhamaka
Should I stay more than 180 days (which will certainly be, if I have to wait for anyone of the decisions to come) after my H1-B expiration.
Having pending I-140 petition does not give you any legal status if your H-1 is expired. Only a pending I-485 petition with approved EAD will allow you to work after H1 is expired. You can go for 7th year extension of H1 if your GC process was started more than 365 before.

I140 appeal

Hi freddy_ace and Dhamaka,

Can you please post any developments on your I140 apeal (or motion to reconsider)? What action you are (your attorney) planning to take? Or did you already file the appeal?

My attorney is planning look into this issue in next couple of days, I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Since my I-140 is denied, I-485 will also be denied sooner or later. Unless a miracle happens and my I-140 appeal is approved. Yes I have completed 365 days since my GC process started. But I am not eligible for 7th year extension since I-140 is denied.
Appeal has been filed with a strong letter from employer giving the urgency of the situation, since he is losing clients/business as he does not have a person to handle the things which I was supposed to handle.

Any recommendation for lawyer in Chicago area.
Any idea does Rajiv Khanna handle cases for Chicago area also (NSC). I had sent e-mail to their office this morning, but did not get any reply yet. Will wait little more.

I140 different in EB3

My attorney, planning to file another I140 in EB3 in addition to appeal. Is it not the labor (job requirement) cert determines the what category to apply? Not sure how this work??
Any comments?

Thanks.