I140 and I485 concurrent file and I140 approved, I485 Pending Thread

why and when does one send email/mail to fbi?

I read some posts mentioning about email/snail mail to fbi.

Why do we have to send them an email/mail?
What circumstances/notices/indicators have the people received, before they sent the emails/mails?
When does one determine it is time to contact fbi?
-lrugnevm

Theres no timeframe per se. People do the FP and initiate the enquiry. Does it sound frivolous? It is absolutely. In the begining, people were getting response in less than 2 weeks from FBI when all this fbi name check started, now people are waiting for months. Does it help? Probably but mostly not. It just creates more unproductive work for the limited resources they have and we all suffer.
I believe people who are waiting for inordinately long time especially even after the I485 processing date, they should initiate inquiry by all means. For the rest of us, we should just wait for our turn. This way, they will have a better chance of actually working on the case rather than replying to our meaningless queries.
This is just my opinion. We all have one dont we? You are welcome to express yours. No flames please.

I would definitely recommend contacting your congressman's or congresswoman's office and requesting them to check on the status of your cases.

I called my congressman about 10 days ago and 3 days my the LUD on my 485 changed for the 1st time and my 485 was approved a day later.

I am not sure if my letter to the congressman did the trick but you have nothing to lose.

Thank you hopefull1 and floridagc

As of now, I do agree with hopefull1 in that with the limited resources, we should allow uscis to do its job. As for the recommendation floridagc had, I agree with that for those who have been in the system for such a long while that it has become a torture chamber and see no hope...
Thank you both of you. I hope everyone understands the resource crunch and decides to act based on how urgently(everyone wants it quick, but some can afford to wait for a few days..weeks..or months..if it is not a situation where you have to leave the country or have financial difficulties with the employer..).
-lrugnevm

Hi Little_cat:

did you get any update after fp. I give below my details.

EB2 140/485 ND02/22/05
FP: 04/19/2005
got one LUD and no more after fp. No message update.

Thanks

little_cat said:
My case:

EB2 140/485 ND 6/11/2004
140 AD: 2/1/2005
FP ND 2/2/2005

Hi Ugvenkat:

Did you get any update after fp. I am still waiting for message change. I give below my details

Category EB2
PD Feb 28 2003
RD I140/485 - Oct 04
FP - April -19-2005
One LUD after FP. No message change sofar. ( is it normal ???)

Based on your experience, Can you predict any date reg. how long will take for my case to get approved.

Thanks

ugvenkat said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category EB2
PD Jan-03 AD June-04
RD I140/485 - Aug 04
RFE - 140 Edu Evaluation - RFE Replied April-12-05, AD - May-02-05
FP - Feb-02-05
I485 - Feb 05-05

Both myself and my wife 485 was approved today.

Hi gcmaya:

Did you get any update after fp. I am still waiting for message change. I give below my details

Category EB2
PD Feb 28 2003
RD I140/485 - Oct 04
FP - April -19-2005

Thanks

gcmaya said:
See the signature...-thanks

Hi Lustra:

Category EB2
PD Feb 28 2003
RD I140/485 - Oct 04
FP - April -19-2005

Thanks

lustra said:
hi hopefull1,

add me too.

HI sri789:

Category EB2
PD Feb 28 2003
RD I140/485 - Oct 04
FP - April -19-2005

Can you share your case update details. Thanks

Thanks

sri789 said:
It gives more hope to me ...

--------------------
PD: 10/2001 (EB3)
I140: RD 01/2004 AD 01/2005
I485: RD 11/1/2004 AD ???? :confused:
FP: 02/22/2005.
No LUD changes so far.

Waiting forever for approval..

no message for me either

Inian,
It seems not everybody gets updates or messages for FPs. Me and my husband did our 2FP (second set of fp, first expired) on 03/15/05.
Never got LUD or message change for that.
We did get messages for repsonse to RFEs.(05/02/05)
Also theres people getting approved without never had received a message change first.
Don't get much worried about FP message change, it seems more and more people does not get them these days. I've also heard it depends on the officer that is handling your case. Some officers do constant updates other simply don't.

count me in too!

EB3, concurrent
140/485 RD Apr. 2004
140 AD May 31st, 2005
Biometrics notice RD June 1st, 2005
Early FP June 2nd
485 LUD changed from 'pending review' to 'process has resumed' on June 3rd.

No status change after that

Does anyone know how long it takes to get 485 approval after the biometrics?
Why do some people get biometrics after their 485 is approved and other get it before????

2nd FP Notice

After responding to a RFE, we received notice for fingerprinting. We are planning to do it next week. Other details in the signature below.

Please see my signature:

Is there any one in the same range of dates. Please share your information and status. Thanks.

FP Notices...........

hello Guys,

Me & my wife recieved our FP notices today, scheduled for 06/29.
Just wondering what documents to take for finger printing?
Do we have to take any photographs( I think I read some where in the forum)?

Any details appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP noticess....documents required

We did our second FP (code 1) today. They just asked for the notice and a valid photo ID.