I140/485 got transferred to NSC!

Zraf

Registered Users (C)
My labour was approved from Chicago but I filed for I140/485 from Texas since I work as a consultant in Atlanta. And, today I got the news that TSC transferred all my files to NSC! They said that Iam under the juridiction of Nebraska, but, my present work and residence is under the juridiction of Texas.

What should I do?

Where is your consulting company's head office?
Where is your permanent address in the US?

Why would you get a labor cert in Chicago, if you live in Atlanta, and your consulting company's head office is in Atlanta?

My office is Chicago based, for that's why my labor was filed in Chicago. But, I was sent to Atlanta as a consultant from my office and therefore live and work in Atlanta. Hence, my I140/485 was filed at Texas.

No. you cant do that. Your 140 and 485 should be filed in the Jurisdiction where your employers office is. In your case, it will be NSC.

Labor is filed in the jurisdiction based on where your office is located but filing of I140/485 is supposed to be based on where you live. My lawyer filed currectly but the TSC made a mistake.

check this out for I-140 - where to file section:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-140.htm
It says:
File this form with the Service Center with jurisdiction over the state where the alien will be employed.

And your employer got your LC cleared from Chicago that means you'll be employed in that area after approval and hence 140 should be filed at NSC.

Zraf said:
Labor is filed in the jurisdiction based on where your office is located but filing of I140/485 is supposed to be based on where you live. My lawyer filed currectly but the TSC made a mistake.

You cant do

Zraf said:
You can file 485 not 140. 140 has to file based on your employer location.

Well, Iam totally confused now because my colleague who is sponsored by the the same parent company as mine got his labor approved from Chicago but his I140 got approved from Vermont since he works at a client site in NJ and lives there. And, also, his I485 is under process in VSC!

UNITEDNATIONS could u pls share ur opinion about this?

I am not affected by retrogression.

When my lawyer filed the case to USCIS, she told me that since I work and reside in Atlanta, I need to file from Texas Service Center. She also mentioned that, if I filed just for I-140, I would have to apply from Nebraska Service Center as my company is based in Chicago. I-485 should be filed from wherever the applicant resides in. Since, I was filing concurrently, I had to file from my place of residence, thus from TSC.

I am very confused now as for whether TSC or NSC has jurisdiction over my case.

Thanks a lot UNITEDNATIONS

Thanks a lot UNITEDNATIONS, appreciate your help. That was very nice of you to notice my request and keep it.

Work location as per my permanent labor - various unanticipated location throughout the United States.