• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I won DV2009 but was ever refused F1 Visa 7 years ago.

herrmeister0159

Registered Users (C)
Please suggest me what can I do.
I won DV2009 from Thailand but 7 years ago I was refused student F1 visa at the US embassy in Thailand due to no good bank statement of my parents. Will it affect my DV visa? Someone said I must filled in my visa application but didn't see any question ask about it on the form DS-230 part 1,2.
Have anyone had this experience to share?
Thank you for your help.

That is not a problem. However, you will need to prove you are not going to become a public charge

That is not a problem. However, you will need to prove you are not going to become a public charge

Thank you for your reply.
Do I need to fill in Visa Application form to state I was ever refused F1 visa earlier.
I have not written any this circumstance.
I see only refused admission to US at the port of entry. Is it the same?

No need to worry

Sawasdee kub k.hermeister0159,

I think you have no need to worry anything kub. My girlfriend was refused a tourist visa 4 years ago when she planned to visit me in the U.S. The embassy just gave 2 reasons that she didn't have any prove tighten to Thailand and not have sufficient fund. Then, when I got a winter break, I came back home and got marriage with her. Later, she came to the state with me on F-2, no question asked when applied the visa. This time, I used my sister-in-law's bank statement to sponsor her.

From this case, I think even you got refused at the first place on a student visa, I don't think it will affect on later application as long as it meets requirement. Don't worry kub :) Oh, By the way, Port of Entry (POE) is the place where you come to the US (not sure for the first time or not). It doesn't mean being reject at the U.S embassy kub. I hope at least my post can help to answer you question a bit.:p

Thai dude :D

Sawasdee kub k.hermeister0159,

I think you have no need to worry anything kub. My girlfriend was refused a tourist visa 4 years ago when she planned to visit me in the U.S. The embassy just gave 2 reasons that she didn't have any prove tighten to Thailand and not have sufficient fund. Then, when I got a winter break, I came back home and got marriage with her. Later, she came to the state with me on F-2, no question asked when applied the visa. This time, I used my sister-in-law's bank statement to sponsor her.

From this case, I think even you got refused at the first place on a student visa, I don't think it will affect on later application as long as it meets requirement. Don't worry kub :) Oh, By the way, Port of Entry (POE) is the place where you come to the US (not sure for the first time or not). It doesn't mean being reject at the U.S embassy kub. I hope at least my post can help to answer you question a bit.:p

Thai dude :D

Khob Khun Mak Krab K. kritvichu
I worry this becuz someone said I should write this visa refusal on form DS-230 Part1,2 but didn't see any question related to this question, there only about refusal admission to the US at the port of entry but this question is not my point.
So I don't have to fill in the DS-230 part 1,2 and DSP-122, right?
Thank you very much.

Kub, no need to say anything in DS-230, DP 122, and also during the interview because you've never been refused at the port of entry kub. I hope you have a good luck.